Servers are not downloading.

Whenever I loadup VRC now, it shows 0 servers downloaded to the server.txt file.

I have tried restarting VRC and reinstalling VRC to no avail. I tried disabling windows defender, thinking anti virus might be interfering, but that was not the case. 

It was working fine last Saturday for an event that I was working.

Not sure if this is a network issue or if I am missing something.

Guys, add this to myservers.txt. It will put these servers there just in case VRC cant download their own. Fixed it for me.

165.22.239.218 CANADA
157.230.25.177 GERMANY-1
157.230.17.198 GERMANY-2
68.183.185.148 SINGAPORE
209.97.177.84 UK-1
161.35.40.246 UK-2
134.209.67.219 USA-EAST
165.22.163.56 USA-WEST

sweatbox.vatsim.net SweatBox

Edited by Ayler Cruz

This is a problem with the data file. There's a formatting issue with some of the data, and that's causing VRC to fail to parse the data file, which is where VRC finds the server list. The network team is working on a fix right now. Until then, you can put the server list in your myservers.txt file, but be sure to remove them once the issue is fixed, which should be today.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

The network team has implemented the fix, and VRC is now able to parse the data file and extract the servers. Be sure to remove any servers from your myservers.txt file so that you don't have duplicates and so that future retired servers aren't still in your list.

Edited by Ross Carlson

No, it's definitely not permanent. In fact, VATSIM is moving away from the concept of users having to choose a server to connect to. In the future, everyone will just connect without having to choose a server, and the network will route you to the best physical server automatically based on geography or other factors.