You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot Plugin Causes Crash When Asked To Load CSL

Christos Episkopos

Christos Episkopos
Posted
Posted

Hi, I've just downloaded the latest alpha release for xPilot (1.3.7) and every time I load the simulator and attempt to load my CSL library (bluebell), x-plane freezes for a minute and ultimately crashes. Can anyone advise on a fix?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Christos Episkopos said:

Hi, I've just downloaded the latest alpha release for xPilot (1.3.7) and every time I load the simulator and attempt to load my CSL library (bluebell), x-plane freezes for a minute and ultimately crashes. Can anyone advise on a fix?

Look in Output/crash_reports for a .dmp and/or .rpt file from the crash and upload to Google Drive (or another file sharing website). Additionally, upload your X-Plane log.txt file after the crash occurs.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Christos Episkopos
Posted
Posted

Here's the pastebin for the log.txt: https://pastebin.com/wf9JU9LR

It now isn't crashing, but it is failing to load the CSL directory for some reason. I'm using the bluebell CSL library with the IVAO vertical offset.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Christos Episkopos said:

Here's the pastebin for the log.txt: https://pastebin.com/wf9JU9LR

It now isn't crashing, but it is failing to load the CSL directory for some reason. I'm using the bluebell CSL library with the IVAO vertical offset.

Where did you install the Bluebell models? You need to define the path to the folder in the xPilot X-Plane settings (Plugins > xPilot > Settings).

Christos Episkopos
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Justin Shannon said:

Where did you install the Bluebell models? You need to define the path to the folder in the xPilot X-Plane settings (Plugins > xPilot > Settings).

It's installed in d:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\Resources\CSL\. I followed the exact directions of your video tutorial.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Just now, Christos Episkopos said:

It's installed in d:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\Resources\CSL\. I followed the exact directions of your video tutorial.

Do you maybe mean D:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL? And you defined this path in your xPilot settings? It should look something like this:

PluginSettings.png

Christos Episkopos
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Justin Shannon said:

Do you maybe mean D:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL? And you defined this path in your xPilot settings? It should look something like this:

PluginSettings.png

Yes, I've tried just about every combination I can think of:

D:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL

D:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL\

D:/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL

D:/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/

and simply Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL as shown above. Nothing is working.

Christos Episkopos
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Justin Shannon said:

PluginSettings.png

Here is my setup. I keep getting the same error: xPilot 17:53:04.620: CSL path 'Resources/plugins/Resources/CSL/' does not exist or there are no files inside - skip

Any thoughts?

2020-05-08 (1).png

2020-05-08 (2).png

Christos Episkopos
Posted
Posted

Also worth mentioning, I'm not even seeing the yellow aircraft labels. It just isn't working. Have tried in both OpenGL and Vulkan modes.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

What did you define as your path in the xPilot settings? From the log snippet you posted, it looks like 'Resources/plugins/Resources/CSL', but in the folder structure screenshot you posted they are in 'Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL'.