You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Two copies of xPilot

Zsolt Kadar

Zsolt Kadar
Posted
Posted

Hi. 

Is there a possibility to run xPilot on two different copies of X-Plane (beta and .41) same PC, different hard drives. 

I tried to install xPilot separatly and even changed the Plugin Port Number in xPilot and in the Plugins menu in the sim with no success (keep getting a red error message when trying to connect saying to make sure that I have X-Plane running and a flight plan loaded - which I had) although everything is working properly on the stable version of X-Plane. 

I'm running the latest alpha version (1.3.7).

Thanks very much in advance, any help or idea is greatly appreciated! 

Zsolt

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

You shouldn't have to change the port number. When you ran the xPilot installer, did you change the "X-Plane Root Folder" option to point to the correct copy of X-Plane?

• Like 1

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Zsolt Kadar
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Justin Shannon said:

You shouldn't have to change the port number. When you ran the xPilot installer, did you change the "X-Plane Root Folder" option to point to the correct copy of X-Plane?

Of course I did! And that's what I thought too that it should be working like you explained it but unfortunately it doesn't... this is why I made to copies of it and always start the one on the same disk just to not confuse things. 

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Zsolt Kadar said:

Of course I did! And that's what I thought too that it should be working like you explained it but unfortunately it doesn't... this is why I made to copies of it and always start the one on the same disk just to not confuse things. 

OK, let's start by uploading your X-Plane log.txt (if it's too large to upload here as an  attachment, you can paste it here https://bin.clowd.io/ and share the link). Also, make sure you don't have any orphaned X-Plane.exe or xPilot.exe processes running in the background.

• Like 1

Zsolt Kadar
Posted
Posted

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Your log file looks normal. Something's gone wonky with the X-Plane networking. Make sure the UDP ports within X-Plane (Settings > Network) haven't changed (should be 49010, 49000 and 49001 respectively). Also make sure the radio option at the bottom of the Network Tab is set to "Accept incoming connections". You can also try clicking the "Reset Networking Configuration" button. If none of this works, then maybe try restarting your computer to see if that clears up the issue...

• Thanks 1

Zsolt Kadar
Posted
Posted (edited)

Justin, you're a star!

Thank you very much for all your help and for getting back to me so quickly. 

The Network Tab was set to 'Disable incoming traffic' for some reason (honestly never touched that) , and setting it back to 'Accept incoming connections' solved the issue. 

Do you think then that I could have only one copy of it in the AppData folder and it still should be running or shall I leave it as it is now?

Edited by Zsolt Kadar

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Zsolt Kadar said:

Do you think then that I could have only one copy of it in the AppData folder and it still should be running or shall I leave it as it is now?

As long as you're using the same version of xPilot for both copies of X-Plane, yes.

• Like 1

Zsolt Kadar
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Justin Shannon said:

As long as you're using the same version of xPilot for both copies of X-Plane, yes.

Thanks again. All the best!