You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Voice volume

Viacheslav Mirin

Viacheslav Mirin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi!

After I set voice volume at ZERO I still hear a voices of another peoples. How to fix this issue? WIN 10 Pro X64, P3D 4.5 HF2 and last VPilot verson. Thanks.

1.jpg

Edited by Viacheslav Mirin

Why fly? Simple. I'm not happy unless there's some room between me and the ground.

-Richard Bach, "A Gift of Wings" 1974

• 2 months later...
Dave Hodges
Posted
Posted

Richard,

There are major problems with the way that the Voice system on VATSIM works, and very likely also with the ATC and Pilot Clients.  I've been trying to work with senior VATSIM managers on these issues behind the scenes but they stopped replying to my emails so today I pleaded with them to take this seriously and get back to me.

If you'd like to experience just how terrible the present day VATSIM voice system is, try a shared cockpit flight on the network and you'll quickly discover the many and very serious issues that exist.  It's so bad it's not worth doing.

OVPA%20Forum%20Signature%20BETA%20TEAM%20Small%20-%20Dave.jpg

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Viacheslav: That slider is simply a way to tweak the volume slightly, but will not mute the output completely. If that is what you want to achieve, I recommend that you do it directy through Windows' volume mixer.

Dave: What are those "major problems" you speak about? I haven't seen any message from you until now, and looking at your posts it seems like you haven't posted anything in the (Audio For) VATSIM Forums since 2017 either. Would you mind creating a new thread in the "Audio For VATSIM" section expressing your specific concerns so we can address them?

Cheers,

• Like 1

Me.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hodges said:

If you'd like to experience just how terrible the present day VATSIM voice system is, try a shared cockpit flight on the network and you'll quickly discover the many and very serious issues that exist.  It's so bad it's not worth doing.

You may want to ask for a full refund of your VATSIM membership fees 😄

• Haha 1