You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No other planes shown on VATSIM connection

Jannik Frohn

Jannik Frohn
Posted
Posted

Hi.

I just wanted to start my online flight career on Vatsim and downloaded and set up the Xpilot Client for Xplane 11. At my first connection to Vatsim via Xpilot everything was fine and I've seen and heard other pilots and the ATC. But since I tried to install new XCSLs I'm not able to see any other planes on Vatsim. I'have already researched online and linked my XCLSs at the Xpilot setting, which didn't help either.

Hope some of you might be able to help me with my problem.

Martin Henne
Posted
Posted

same here. No aircraft visible.

Jannik Frohn
Posted
Posted

I've just downloaded the new Alpha version of the xPilot client and with the right Xcsls aswell as the right data path in the settings every plane shows up as it should

Martin Henne
Posted
Posted

I just did the same. Still no aircraft. Instead a crash when entering a CTR.

Jannik Frohn
Posted
Posted

Have you installed the new CSLs and linked them in the settings correctly?

if not check the csl folder in the xpilot plugin folder to be empty and selected on the first line of the enabled Csl packages in the  XPilot settings window. In the second enabled line you should link your own CSL package folder, (installed with the XCSL updater) which should be dragged to the plugins folder of the Xplane 11 folder.

If that still doesn't work you might use a python script to set a new data type to be read right by XPilot.

Hope that might help you with your problem.

Martin Henne
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello Jannik. My problem has become more complex since yesterday.

The situation yesterday was:

I got xPilot BETA (not ALPHA), I installed BB CSL in the CSL folder. I was not able to set the correct path in the xPilot settings window, because it does not appear, when I try to open it from inside x-Plane. But according to my "Log.txt", the CSLs loaded successfully, so I would say, the problem could have been in a bug that MIGHT has been fixed in the alpha version. But now, the situation changed (with the same result of not seeing any planes):

Today, my situation is:

I now installed the xPilot ALPHA. I immediately fired up x-Plane and tried a flight from EDKA (Aachen) to CTR Düsseldorf (EDDL). I couldn't see any other planes, not even in the instructor station window ('i'). Just when I entered the CTR (I recorded the flight using SkyDemon on the same PC), x-Plane crashed! I looked up the Log.txt, and now it says, that it couldn't load the CSLs - so the ALPHA was not able to use the same path as the BETA version. Is the settings window still does not show within x-Plane, I cannot specify the correct path either. 

I should mention, that I use x-Plane 11.5 beta with vulcan. Maybe the settings window will appear, when I switch temporarily to open gl. I say temporarily, because flying with OpenGL is not an option for me anymore as I am used to the much better framerates now.

I will post the result later here.

EDIT: O.k., just tested OpenGL. The settings window does not appear, so I can't change the path. And, as X-Plane crashes all the time now, I will go back to the BETA-Version of xPilot. I will then make a remark in the comments section of my flightplan, that I am not able to see other planes. Not ideal for VFR flights, but there's obviously no stable solution for now.

EDIT 2: going back to xPilot BETA (1.2....) fixed the crash when exiting xPlane. According to the logfile, CSL-files are loaded successfully again. I still don't expect to see any airplanes, because I have the save setup as before I tried the ALPHA. If that changes somehow - I'll report here.

best regards

Martin

Edited by Martin Henne

Jannik Frohn
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid I can't help you much further but there is a very useful Youtube video which shows how to fix problems like these so maybe that can help you fixing that problem

Martin Henne
Posted
Posted

Hi Jannik,

thank you for your message. As described in the post above, the CSLs are installed correctly and they are recognized by xPilot (BETA). The video covers mostly the basic installation, which might be helpful for other problems. At least, it is not related to the actual problem, being

1. planes not visible despite the correct settings (xPilot 1.2.1 BETA)

2. planes not visible and not be able to apply the correct settings due to GUI not appearing and crashes (xPilot 1.3.7 ALPHA)

How is the video helpful for "problems like these"? Did I miss something? Maybe I did ....

Anyway, thank you for trying to help - I appreciate the effort.

best regards

Martin

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Probably you covered this already, but just to be sure: you did remove or deactivate all other plugins that may interfere with xPpilot, didn't you? That would be xSquawkbox, swift, Worldtraffic (or whatever it is called). Does your Skydemon plugin interfere?

Martin Henne
Posted
Posted

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for helping. I am not using the plugins you mentioned. SkyDemon is an external application that I use for real world flying (for flight planning mostly). It is not a plugin, but can listen to UDP broadcasts from X-Plane  instead of real GPS for training purposes. I did not try to deactivate any plugins so far. I have to check, if there's a plugin that can be deactivated without rendering my sim useless (I think I can't deactivate SASL and still fly the JustFlight PA28, right?).

My installation is pretty straightforward. I am just using 

- X-Plane itself (11.50)
- Just Flight PA-28-161
- Aerosoft's EDDK

I will try deactivating whatever I find in the plugins menu and then I will report the result.

M.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok, that's what I needed to know. I know what SkyDemon is, but was not sure whether it requires a plugin or just communicates via UDP.

Btw. you don't happen to have more than one copy of X-Plane on your computer?

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Martin Henne
Posted
Posted

No, It's just one copy of X-Plane.