You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot Alpha 1.3.10-Alpha Now Available

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)

Version 1.3.10-Alpha of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client (if you are running 1.3.3.0 (or higher) and have the "Alpha" update channel selected in the settings).

The following items were changed, added or fixed in this version:

• Numerous code fixes that should help with the random crashes
  • Code improvements for X-Plane 11.50b9
  • Includes a potential fix for the randomly increasing radio volume
  • Changed the min/max values for the input and output volumes (per AFV specs)
  • Added callsign to taskbar text when connected
  • Disabled integration with X-Plane map due to a bug in X-Plane that causes crashes when the map is opened
  • Added (again) the ability to change the VHF Equalizer
  • Added "xpilot/audio/vu" dataref (input audio volume level)
  • New TCAS integration (only supported in X-Plane 11.50b8 or newer). TCAS will not be supported in earlier versions of X-Plane
  • Renamed plugin menu items: 
    • Settings -> Preferences
    • Who's Online? -> Nearby ATC
    • Radio Messages -> Text Window
  • X-Plane commands renamed. This may require you to re-map them in X-Plane if you used them previously:
    • Nearby ATC Window
    • Text Window

Fair warning: You may notice some odd behavior with other aircraft and how they are rendered in your sim. There is a bug in a previous version of xPilot which caused it to not properly share the aircraft configurations with other pilot clients, which results in odd behaviors with the aircraft surfaces (e.g. the aircraft oscillating up and down, landing gear extending and retracting randomly, etc.). This problem will correct itself once other users upgrade their xPilot version.

It is very important that you close X-Plane completely before installing xPilot. Failure to do so will prevent xPilot from being installed correctly.

Edited by Justin Shannon
Added TCAS integration note; Added note about odd aircraft behavior
  • Like 1

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Shameel Ahmed
Posted
Posted

ive lost TCAS in the zibo 737, running b9 - can anyone confirm?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Shameel Ahmed said:

ive lost TCAS in the zibo 737, running b9 - can anyone confirm?

Zibo needs to update their aircraft to support the new TCAS API. 

Nico Paetzold
Posted
Posted

xPilot is getting better with every version.

Thanks for your hard work

• Like 1

Shameel Ahmed
Posted
Posted

can anyone confirm that TCAS doesnt work on the latest zibo and xpilot?

Dixon Robin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Still getting the issue with a/c showing as on fire, are there any settings I need to manually change in this version to fix it? Or is this something related to other users not having an updated enough VATSIM client?

BZ7GCGh.png

Edited by Dixon Robin

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Dixon Robin said:

Still getting the issue with a/c showing as on fire, are there any settings I need to manually change in this version to fix it? Or is this something related to other users not having an updated enough VATSIM client?

BZ7GCGh.png

Are you sure you upgraded to the latest version (1.3.10)? 

Dixon Robin
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Justin Shannon said:

Are you sure you upgraded to the latest version (1.3.10)? 

Yessir, I didn't uninstall the old version though, I just ran the 1.3.10 installer over the old installation. Should I do that? 

92xxDIU.png

Adriaan Buurke
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for your development so far! I'm running 1.3.10 on 11.50 b9.

Had a flight on vatsim, everything looked good except I don't seem to have TCAS blips on the ND of the Toliss A321 (and probably A319). 

I retested in a busy landing with TA on the ground (which I'm pretty sure makes the blips of landing traffic visible normally).

Looking through the logs I saw the following bits of information

0:05:54.733 I/PLG: The plugin X-Plane is setting global TCAS override to 1.
0:05:54.733 xPilot/XPMP2 INFO  AIMultiplayer.cpp:580/XPMPMultiplayerEnable: Have control now over AI/Multiplayer planes

0:08:18.848 xPilot/XPMP2 INFO  CSLModels.cpp:982/CSLFindMatch:  MATCH INPUT: Type=B738 (WTC=M,Class=L2J,Related=56), Airline=AAL, Livery=
0:08:18.848 xPilot/XPMP2 INFO  CSLModels.cpp:1077/CSLFindMatch: MATCH FOUND: Type=B738 (WTC=M,Class=L2J,Related=56), Airline=AAL, Livery=WL3 / Quality = 2 -> B738w B738w_AALWL3
[SASL INFO] loading	delta
[SASL ERROR] can't load component	delta
... and more (this is probably the TOLISS plugin trying to do something with TCAS?

0:17:08.681 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: The plugin:
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: xPilot 1.3.10
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: is buggy.
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: It tried to control TCAS while not owning the AI planes.
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: C:/jenkins/design-triggered/source_code/app/X-Plane-f/../../engine/fm/fm_systems_objects/fm_navi.cpp:1466
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: | The plugin:
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: | xPilot 1.3.10
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: | is buggy.
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: | It tried to control TCAS while not owning the AI planes.
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: | (fm_navi.cpp:1466)
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:17:08.681 xPilot/XPMP2 INFO  AIMultiplayer.cpp:620/XPMPMultiplayerDisable: Released control of AI/Multiplayer planes

It could be that the Toliss plugin doesn't handle the new TCAS implementation yet, or maybe it's something else... (or I'm wrong althogether).

Either way, hopefully this aids you in further development/bug hunting! Cheers, Adriaan.

Edited by Adriaan Buurke

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Just now, Adriaan Buurke said:

Thanks for your development so far! I'm running 1.3.10 on 11.50 b9.

Had a flight on vatsim, everything looked good except I don't seem to have TCAS blips on the ND of the Toliss A321 (and probably A319). 

I retested in a busy landing with TA on the ground (which I'm pretty sure makes the blips of landing traffic visible normally).

Looking through the logs I saw the following bits of information

0:05:54.733 I/PLG: The plugin X-Plane is setting global TCAS override to 1.
0:05:54.733 xPilot/XPMP2 INFO  AIMultiplayer.cpp:580/XPMPMultiplayerEnable: Have control now over AI/Multiplayer planes

0:08:18.848 xPilot/XPMP2 INFO  CSLModels.cpp:982/CSLFindMatch:  MATCH INPUT: Type=B738 (WTC=M,Class=L2J,Related=56), Airline=AAL, Livery=
0:08:18.848 xPilot/XPMP2 INFO  CSLModels.cpp:1077/CSLFindMatch: MATCH FOUND: Type=B738 (WTC=M,Class=L2J,Related=56), Airline=AAL, Livery=WL3 / Quality = 2 -> B738w B738w_AALWL3
... and more (this is probably the TOLISS plugin trying to do something with TCAS?

0:17:08.681 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: The plugin:
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: xPilot 1.3.10
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: is buggy.
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: It tried to control TCAS while not owning the AI planes.
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: C:/jenkins/design-triggered/source_code/app/X-Plane-f/../../engine/fm/fm_systems_objects/fm_navi.cpp:1466
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: | The plugin:
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: | xPilot 1.3.10
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: | is buggy.
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: | It tried to control TCAS while not owning the AI planes.
0:17:08.681 E/SYS: | (fm_navi.cpp:1466)
0:17:08.681 xPilot/XPMP2 INFO  AIMultiplayer.cpp:620/XPMPMultiplayerDisable: Released control of AI/Multiplayer planes

Hopefully that aids you in further development/bug hunting! Cheers, Adriaan.

Thanks for the feedback; missing TCAS blips is a known issue. 

• Like 1

• Justin Shannon locked and unpinned this topic