You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

selecting GUI to start gives me "program must only run once" msg

Scott D. Williams

Scott D. Williams
Posted
Posted

After about 2 months of running swift with FS9 when I tried to start today I get a grey message screen "program must only run once" and no GUI. This is FS9 and it has been flawless until this.  There is no other program running so not sure what is going on. Is there a solution? I have had only good luck with Swift til now. 

Scott D. Williams

KMEM

Scott D. Williams
Posted
Posted

Andreas, I have begun to upgrade to .369 but I have not successfully been able. I am going to re-try the upgrade this evening.

Scott D. Williams

KMEM

Scott D. Williams
Posted
Posted

Attempting to upgrade it gives me this language "It seems some Swift application is still in use, it must be closed before the installation can".

I now assume I must uninstall the old before I can upgrade, is this correct?

Scott D. Williams

KMEM

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Scott,

no, you do not need to uninstall older versions. swift can be installed in parallel to older versions.

It rather seems like swiftGUI is running already and swiftGUI should be running only once. Can you please check through Windows' Task Manager?

Scott D. Williams
Posted
Posted

This problem appears to have been solved by re-booting my computer. Thank you Andreas, FYI the task manager showed no other programs running, I had tried that earlier. Hopefully I will be functional for a while.

Scott D. Williams

KMEM