HI IM RUNNING X PLANE 11.50B6 BUT I CANT SEEM TO SEE TRAFFIC ON ANY OF MY CONFIGURATIONS.. HELP !! 

I CAN HEAR ATC CLEARLY

SYSTEM IS OVER 40 FPS

BUT ITS FRUSTRATING NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE OTHER ONLINE AIRCRAFTS. PLEASE HELP ANYONE WOULD APPRECIATE IT 😊

XSB states it on their website that it will not support Vulkan (or any X-Plane experimental features that are in Beta) until XSB v3 is released. See the post here.

If you wish to use XSB, you will need to use a non-beta version (i.e. a 11.4 version). Otherwise, you'll have to use X-Pilot for now.

• Like 1

Tom Szczypinski
VATSIM Primary Operations Inspector
VATSIM VA Audit Manager

3OFjrxm.png

Thank you so much guys for the prompt reply, I turned off metal option and I can see !!! 🙂

a simple tick option was all I needed to save the day!! 

Thanks one in a million.

• 1 month later...

I always get the biggest kick out of pilots occasionally telling the controller they got run over by our 757. Apparently X-Plane buries their aircraft's below ground. We never see them. LOL

Michael

1.jpg

• 2 months later...

X-Plane 11.50 has been final for several days, I've updated to it from version 11.41  

I've read this thread and it seems to advise that Metal won't be supported until 11.50 is final

11.50 is indeed now final and I can communicate with ATC on Squawkbox without problems, they hear me, I can hear them

but I can't see other traffic around the airport I'm parked at although I know there are plenty of other 

fliers there.

Is this a continuing problem or am I missing out on something? when I was on open GL two days ago I had

no problems whatsoever seeing the other fliers online.

I am using only one plane to fly on Vatsim, the Zibo737/800x model. I would doubt that Zibo's plane needs anything done to it to make it compatible.

I read earlier that I will need Squawkbox 3 installed to be able to continue on Vatsim using Plane 11.50 Metal. I was wondering what the status of this new Squawkbox version 3 was. Is it ready yet, if not, can we get an idea as when it will be available?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

No, I did not mean your flyable aircraft. I meant CSL models. What CSL models are installed on your system? The most commonly used CSL models for X-Plane at this time are BlueBell and X-CSL. Important: No models = no model set = no aircraft displayed in your simulator. In X-Plane you cannot use flyable aircraft (.acf-files) for this purpose.

I am not 100% up to date what XSquawkbox can do or cannot do in regards to Vulkan/Metal. If it is not compatible, you will not see any aircraft with Vulkan/Metal active, because the basic Mulitplayer workings of X-Plane have changed and clients need to be adapted for this. There are two other clients around that definitely are compatible with the new graphics engine of X-Plane. They are "xPilot" and "swift".

Edited by Andreas Fuchs
On 9/15/2020 at 4:44 AM, Michael Eamer said:

I read earlier that I will need Squawkbox 3 installed to be able to continue on Vatsim using Plane 11.50 Metal. I was wondering what the status of this new Squawkbox version 3 was. Is it ready yet, if not, can we get an idea as when it will be available?

As always, It'll be ready when it's ready.  I do not give release estimates until I'm sure I can hit them. 

You can always use the GL renderer for now, or if you must have vk/metal, please use another client if you can't wait.

I will not be cannibalising XSB 2.x for the X-Plane 11 users - I've always made it clear that X-Plane 10 was getting one last supported release, and that's what 2.x is.

I haven't had a lot of time the past few months to do anything, and in the few moments I've had, I've been largely trying to fix the TCAS support for 11.50 correctly so I can get back to finishing off the new UI.

• Like 2

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Thanks for your reply, Mr Collins, I fully respect your position, and can appreciate your views. Benevolent work is the backbone of our hobby.

I recently updated to Plane 11.50 Metal and I'm not going back, this new version is phenomenal, just about no more stuttering and higher frame rates allowing smooth flying and an upgrade to rendering options as a bonus. I love online flying, as a matter of fact, other than the odd flight using the C172 with REP, 99% of my flying time is with the Zibo737/800x online. So, because of the constraints with XSquawkBox 2.0 I decided to try Swift.

After several hours following tutorials about installing Swift on a Mac from someone describing the process on a PC, I have given up, it's like pulling teeth!

So, I'll wait until the day you happily advise that XSquawkBox 3 is now ready and I'm sure I'm not the only one in line for that happy announcement.

Again, thanks for everything you and other volunteers are doing for the XPlane community, you guys are precious.