You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AFV not responding

Nick Gilbert

Nick Gilbert
Posted
Posted (edited)

All,

Whenever I try to change my PTT button in AFV, It crashes. I reinstalled it and then I was able to change the PTT button and talk on frequency. However, after changing positions and restarting my AFV, it did not recognize my button, and it kept crashing when I tried to change the button. We have tried turning off my file system protection, and changing the button in the actual xml file. But after restarting AFV, it still does not recognize my button. These are the details of the crash that is in the Control Panel. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nick Gilbert

afv problems.png

Edited by Nick Gilbert
More information about crash

• 3 months later...
Steven Tuck
Posted
Posted
On 5/28/2020 at 9:53 PM, Nick Gilbert said:

All,

Whenever I try to change my PTT button in AFV, It crashes. I reinstalled it and then I was able to change the PTT button and talk on frequency. However, after changing positions and restarting my AFV, it did not recognize my button, and it kept crashing when I tried to change the button. We have tried turning off my file system protection, and changing the button in the actual xml file. But after restarting AFV, it still does not recognize my button. These are the details of the crash that is in the Control Panel. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nick Gilbert

afv problems.png

This post never got a reply but I think my issue is similar ... Everything was working and one day I signed in and I couldn't transmit. I could receive and text fine but I couldn't verbally communicate. i went to my settings and tried to change my PTT and it locked up. Tried uninstall and reinstall but no joy. Each time I tried to change my PTT it crashed ??? Any help appreciated.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Can you try removing the ClientConfig.xml file completely? (Save a copy of it somewhere else just in case)

Me.