You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Widefs and AVC

David Pallett 908813

David Pallett 908813
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I have just returned to Vatsim after a few months off, carrying a lovely new laptop. I have set up as follows:

Desktop PC:

Flight Sim 2004

WideFS server dll

Laptop:

WideFS Client

SBRelay

SB Host

SquawkBox 2.3

AVC

AVC tuner

Everything is working fine, I get ATC via my headset plugged into the lappy and no connection probs at all. The only thing which I have a prob with is that my push to talk key for AVC is ctrl on my laptop, not on my desktop keyboard. This is quite annoying as I used to have it [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to my joystick (using logitech wingman software) and I now have to lean across the desk when I want to speak (bit awkward when getting late landing clearance...)

Anyone know if I can configure WideFS to transmit my button presses to the laptop?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Evert Zandbergen 848202
Posted
Posted

It is possible to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a joystick button via FSUIPC to talk with AVC, this requires a registred version of (the latest) FSUIPC.

Good luck!

Cheers! Evert

3.png

Visit the Holland Aviation Site here

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> Anyone know if I can configure WideFS to transmit my button presses to the laptop?

Well I don't know but I guess it's possible.

Just an other option, in case if you can use the joystick option similar as Evert Zandbergen suggest:

AVC Push to talk (+other options) can be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to joystick button via my freeware at http://hem.p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]agen.se/lvedin/dk/freeware/fs

It's FREE.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Phillip Hommel 846440
Posted
Posted

Why other Software, just open FSUIPC at the Kays-Tab and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign the desired PTT Button with "wide fs keysend (0-255)", Parameter 1 at pressed, and parameter 2 at released.

Then use Wideclient.ini and type

[user]

Log=Errors+

Run1=C:\Programme\SquawkBox\SB Host.exe

Run2=C:\Programme\SquawkBox\squawkbox.exe

Actionkeys=Yes

keysend1=rwon

keysend2=rwoff

Thats it

By the way, my squawkbox crashes when trying to connect, widefs works normal, shows connected, when starting squawkbox, the "press here to get into the action" screen appears and on the fs-computer "squawkbox joined the game" appears. then when I try to connect tho Vatsim to a valid server, the first bluewritten line of the "welcome text" appears, then the window "squawkbox.exe caused a problem and must be quit" appears and shuts down.

WideFS and Squawkbox are installed on the Client-PC, internet-connection is valid, and squawkbox works propperly when used on the FS-PC.

Anybody know this problem?

regards, Phil