You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

LOGGING ONTO A SERVER

Alan Dean

Alan Dean
Posted
Posted

To anyone who can help me:

I've read all the how to articles... several times, taken all the quizes and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed the test for VATUSA. I can look at everyone on SERVINFO, and even filed and viewed a flightplan. Thought I logged into a server, but no one responded. Where or how do I actually log into a "server?" Most every example I've read explaining the steps was for FS2002 (which I don't have). Please give me a step by step to log onto a "server" or copy and paste an article. With sincerest regards.

Frustrated,

Alan Dean 920704

Jason Harris 877712
Posted
Posted

Alan,

I understand your frustration. A couple of things though. First, even when logged onto a server, there may not be ATC online in your area at that time to respond to you Second, take a look at the Pilot Resource Center (if you haven't already) which can be found at http://www.vatsim.net/prc. This docomeent should be able to answer most of your questions. If you read it and still have question, obvioiusly don't hesitate to post again here

P.S. In regard to the PRC, unfortuneately you must register the first time you use it to get access It's a good docomeent, though.

Jason Harris

3712.png

• 1 month later...
Eric Walkowiak 923926
Posted
Posted

I can not get on a server please tell me all and what i have to do to get on a server and fly. Please use detailed instructions because i have no idea

Kiel McGowan 813486
Posted
Posted

http://www.vatsim.net/prc

The most detalied instructions you can get.

Eric Walkowiak 923926
Posted
Posted

ok but i tryed there it says nothing but thank you for you try to help. But i need detailed infromation on how to get on to a server.

Jason Harris 877712
Posted
Posted

First off, I'm sorry for just pointing you to another place to find this iformation, but this question is asked often and the PRC (www.vatsim.net/prc) has a well detailed docomeent to answer your question. Specifically look under "VATSIM 103 - Software Setup" then "VATSIM 103b,c,d" explains how to use the pilot client (SB) to connect to VATSIM for FS2000, 2002, and 2004 respectively. Finally, "VATSIM 103e" explains how to update the server list so you have all the current IP addresses for the VATSIM servers. Now, if you read these and your question is STILL not answered please let us know

Jason Harris

3712.png

Eric Walkowiak 923926
Posted
Posted

ok thank you i will use this info

• 2 weeks later...
Krishnan Raghavan 925037
Posted
Posted

I read the articles in prc and still have a couple of questions. The servinfo graphic in the prc is different from the latest servinfo but most of it is the same and it seems to work fine with the instructions for the older version. The list of servers that appear in the connect menu are VATSIM servers I am [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming. I am connecting to USA* where * is a number or alphabet. I sat all night on the ramp at JFK with observer flight plan and planes set to 40 and nothing seemed to be going on. Is this usual?

Kevin Kan
Posted
Posted

planes set to 40? the FS AI? that has nothing to do with flying on vatsim its turned off automatically in Multiplayer mode.

Depending on what night you sit on the ramp traffic varies, look on ServInfo to check if there are planes at the airport or anticipating planes.

1723.png

atc2o.png

Like my GOAT? Too bad, it's mine.

My airline flying at the speed of normal