You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Updates to KPHL Scenery

• fsx
  • scenery

Paul Weinberg

Paul Weinberg
Posted
Posted (edited)

Starting a flight from KPHL to KEWR last night, I realized that my KPHL scenery does not agree with the runway and taxiway configuration used by Vatsim ground control.  In particular, the real world runway 27L is longer than the runway in FSX.  So, ground control asked me to use taxiways which are not in the FSX scenery for KPHL.

I have a Navigraph subscription and the airport diagram does show these taxiways.

Obviously I should update the KPHL scenery.  But I have not been able to find scenery for KPHL with more recent taxiway and runway configurations.  (Payware or freeware)

(I am using FSX with SP1 and SP2 and Navigraph.)

Any thoughts about a source for the missing scenery would be appreciated.

(I tried Avsim and flightsim.com)

Edited by Paul Weinberg

Paul Weinberg
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the quick response.  That download does fix the runway 27L issue.

I had previously downloaded the Ray Smith KPHL scenery from flightsim.com.  But the taxiways were still missing. 

I noticed the Ray Smith scenery at avsim.com but didn't download it because I assumed it was the same as the scenery posted at flightsim.com.

I was wrong.  As a result of your post, I downloaded the avsim version.  The files are several years newer than those at flightsim.com and the issue is resolved.

Thanks again.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

No problem, and sorry for the inadvertent terseness.  I was going to add, "Here, this one says it was posted in 2018, see if it's up-to-date."  Then I bumped the "send" button, and before I could go back and add the comment, it was my turn in line at Walmart.  LOL. 

Apologies, & glad it did the trick. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png