You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Moncton, my lovely!

Tom Solon

Tom Solon
Posted
Posted

Hello neighbors!

I was planning to take advantage of a fully staffed Moncton FIR a few days ago, but I was unable to find charts! None of the ATCs had any links to charts.

I went to the PRC chart center and eventually navigated to the Moncton website, but no joy on the charts.

I'd love to support you up there, but would need charts. If anyone can direct me to charts for Moncton, I'd be much obliged!

Thanks,

TS

TOM SOLON

VATSIM NETWORK SUPERVISOR

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted

http://www.czeg.ca.tt/

Click on "Charts" left side - look for CAP 7

Ian Elchitz

Just a guy without any fancy titles

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted

Heh,

Ian hit the nail on the head.. charts on our website are old!!

CZEG is the best place for charts anywhere in Canada

Moncton'll be staffed tonight too, if you feel like making that flight

Victor Sussman 911965
Posted
Posted

I'm with Ian (and Matt -- I was slow on the post! ) on this one -- you definitely should pay a visit to the CZEG (Edmonton FIR) site -- there is a very complete chart catalogue there, and it is very useful. CAP7 will cover all areas of the Maritimes where you might fly.

More generally, if you are planning to do a lot of flying in Canada, I highly recommend downloading all of the material made available there. It is a truly invaluable resource.

That said, if you are thinking of just paying a quick visit to Moncton (and I highly recommend ZQM -- it's a lot of fun to fly there!), why don't you try this link here. There is a comprehensive set of charts that are in .jpeg format which you can print out.

Also, if you're planning on flying to Newfoundland and Labrador, you'll want to visit the page for Gander FIR as well.

Victor Sussman, VAC061

Virtual Air Canada

http://www.vacanada.org

Vancouver Crew Base

'Splendor Sine Occasu'

Victor Sussman, CDN115

Canadi>n Airlines Virtual

Toronto Hub

http://www.flycav.com

'There's a Goose on the loose!'

VATCAN P1

Tom Solon
Posted
Posted

Gents,

Thank you so much for all your substantive-filled replies. I will check all your suggestions, and will do a flight tonight, into Moncton FIR.

Thanks again guys.

Tom

TOM SOLON

VATSIM NETWORK SUPERVISOR

• 2 weeks later...
Andrew Matthews 985409
Posted
Posted

That CZEG site...great resource for just about everywhere in Canada, but it doesn't have any enroute charts for the Toronto or Montreal area...nor for the Atlantic provinces...well, it has one for the east coast, I believe it has the LO but not the HI? Or vice versa maybe.

I luckily found the enroute charts for the Montreal to Ottawa area at the Montreal FIR site...but still no luck from Ottawa west to Toronto.

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted
That CZEG site...great resource for just about everywhere in Canada, but it doesn't have any enroute charts for the Toronto or Montreal area...nor for the Atlantic provinces...well, it has one for the east coast, I believe it has the LO but not the HI? Or vice versa maybe.

I luckily found the enroute charts for the Montreal to Ottawa area at the Montreal FIR site...but still no luck from Ottawa west to Toronto.

Andrew,

Yes, it doesn't have any enroute charts for those areas..

Was there something in specific you need from them? I have a full set here, I could try to find the PDF versions if its really required

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted

The Hi/Lo/Terminal/Caps are VERY inexpensive to purchase new if you are interested.

I used to purchase one every month or so - over time you can build up a nice collection. Are they current? No they are not - but close enough to fly on Vatsim.

I picked up a Calgary/Edmonton Vfr Terminal Area Chart the other day at a local map store here in Calgary for only $10.95. This replaced the one I purchased back in 1999. Good value in my opinion.

You may also be able to get a set of OLD charts through various means. One good way might be to ask at a pilot store, FSS, or flying club. I know that the local tower here probably tosses out dozens of charts and caps every cycle. If you live in a smaller town where they have an FSS, it might be even easier. All you have to do is ask.

Ian Elchitz

Just a guy without any fancy titles

Andrew Matthews 985409
Posted
Posted
Was there something in specific you need from them? I have a full set here, I could try to find the PDF versions if its really required

Its not a necessity right now...I don't plan on flying in to Toronto any time soon anyway (Don't have enough experience I figure). I'd just like to know I can get them whenever I do fly in to Canada's largest city.

As far as specifics go...I merely wanted the airways between Toronto and Ottawa, because I don't think I'd be flying anything longer...I can't sit in front of the computer and fly for very long. Hehe.

Anthony ImBoden
Posted
Posted

Andrew.

Would it be possible to get a PDF version of which ever charts cover Ontario?

Anthony ImBoden (CDN008)

Vice President of Events & Public Relations

Canadian Airlines Virtual

Fly the Goose. Fly Canadian.

http://www.flycav.com