Sign in to follow this  
James Underwood

Using realistic callsigns

Hello all,

My first post and very new to VATSIM, had 2 successful flights on the network, I can't see me returning to Radar Contact or VoxATC now!

I fly with the Virtual Airline 'Fly UK' so I get the flight numbers for the callsign there (Skyways 698 etc) however at some point I might start using the FlyBe Dash 8 for my own flights as well. Now that FlyBe have gone however, is there a way of finding out the real flight numbers that were used, so I can have a realistic Jersey callsign as there would have been on a certain route? Or would I just have to make up the numbers and any letters like Jersey 68D?

Any help is most appreciated, looking forward to doing more flights and maybe attending an event! Thanks also to the controllers at Jersey Tower, Ground and London Centre yesterday (26th June) for making my second experience a great one!

James.

Welcome to the network, James! I hope you will have plenty of good experiences on the network in the future!

• Haha 1

Mats Edvin Aarø
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
VATSIM Supervisor Team Lead: Team 4

Email: [email protected]

pMuZV2n.png

That's brilliant thanks for the link! Apparently I'm already registered to the site, couldn't get in with the password to I reset it, logged in now. I don't remember signing up, not even heard of the site until now, maybe I sleep-registered 🤣

Thanks for the help!

James.

7 hours ago, James Underwood said:

Hello all,

My first post and very new to VATSIM, had 2 successful flights on the network, I can't see me returning to Radar Contact or VoxATC now!

I fly with the Virtual Airline 'Fly UK' so I get the flight numbers for the callsign there (Skyways 698 etc) however at some point I might start using the FlyBe Dash 8 for my own flights as well. Now that FlyBe have gone however, is there a way of finding out the real flight numbers that were used, so I can have a realistic Jersey callsign as there would have been on a certain route? Or would I just have to make up the numbers and any letters like Jersey 68D?

Any help is most appreciated, looking forward to doing more flights and maybe attending an event! Thanks also to the controllers at Jersey Tower, Ground and London Centre yesterday (26th June) for making my second experience a great one!

James.

Hello James. welcome to the amazing world of simulation.🙃
I cannot confirm that all the information is 100% correct, but I checked and many of that list are correct.
List with ICAO code and airline name https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airline_codes
Flight numbers can be checked at Fr24 or flightaware for example.

Gabriel Fernandez
VATBRZ3  ATC Instruction
VATBRZ Instructor tt7nI3H.png
## [email protected]
## www.vatsim.net.br
## spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

19.png

spacer.png

You could also just make up one if you choose.  Any non-offensive and non-reserved callsign is permitted, with very few exceptions.  There's no requirement to mirror current or historic callsigns for the route you're flying -- the level of adherence is up to you. 

Cheers,

-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Thank you!! I will probably make some up, it's just I'm a bit heavy on adding true realism where I can right down to the right callsign numbers! Thank you guys for the help!

Posted (edited)

Hi James,

Welcome and great news that your first couple of flights went well!

If you have any issues with any aspect with edi-gla, or you're looking for something in particular, feel free to request a flightplan  on there and our contributors will try and find a plan to suit. Albeit, as you have noted, it could be a bit harder now they have folded - but I am sure we/they can assist where possible.

Thanks, 

Edited by Harry Downton

Harry Downton

VATSIM Network Supervisor - Team 6

Real World Flight Plan Database / edi-gla Administrator

vatsim_0.png

Posted (edited)

Try this website, this has been my go to website since COVID rendered looking up flights on FR and FA unless.

Has historical data back a few years, flight numbers, call signs, and gates if available.

https://www.flightera.net/en/

Edited by Kirk Christie

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

spacer.png