You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Correct airline at traffic

Gabriel Fernandez

Gabriel Fernandez
Posted
Posted

Hello guys!
Is there any way to configure the CSL parameters? I'm testing the blue bell and the X-CSL. The other traffic appears, however some airlines are not recognized, and the texture of the aircraft exists in the CSL folder. For example in this photo, we have aircraft with factory paint
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/707387006019436544/726876062193287288/unknown.png

GABRIEL FERNANDEZ
VATBRZ Division Director, VATSIM Americas  
VATSIM Network Instructor - SAM FSS
##  [email protected] 
##
 Vatsim Brasil    

1729843347_LogoVATBRZtest.thumb.png.cd8c8bebff0897aa7c0ec41dc3648b7a.png.d061d9bdd8d550a9eb07597ff167cc2d.png

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well, the BlueBell set is a bit limited and dated, so the best answer may be to find additional model sets and install those too.  The more models your client has to choose from, the better the odds it can find a good match to use for each other pilot.

However, to know whether what you saw was an error, you'd have to know what that pilot was logged on as.  It may be that he was on as an Airbus but with a Ryanair callsign, for example.  Of course, on VATSIM this is perfectly acceptable.  But since Ryanair only flies Boeing aircraft in the real world, there aren't any common model-sets that would include an Airbus painted in Ryanair colors.  So your client will have to choose something else, often something in generic colors, with which to represent that pilot.

Anyway, it's certainly possible that the pilot in question was logged on as something reasonable and the matching didn't work perfectly.  But my point is, to help troubleshoot it, we would need more information.  Hope that makes sense.

Edited by Robert Shearman Jr

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Nico Paetzold
Posted
Posted

I would recommend using converted XCSL, they are way better then BlueBell: