Hello all,

When I first used VATSIM last week, or so, if there was a relevant listed ATIS frequency on vPilot, I'd tune in to the ATIS and I'd get a clear loud custom voice. Sometimes I'd get the default ATIS reading in the background but was very quiet so wasn't disturbing. But now, all I get is the default automated voice at a low volume. Problem is it's reading out default P3D information so at EGCC you get 'landing and departing runway 23 Left and ILS runway 23' when actually only 23R is in use. Then the information code isn't valid, it would say 'inform controller you have information Zulu', when everyone else tuning into Ground requesting clearance has Information Charlie. 

I found that left clicking twice on the ATIS on the vPilot gives you a text reading, but would still like an audio version. It sounds like everyone else can get the ATIS channels working, is the default ATIS causing me problems? Thing is I have default ATC off so I don't know how to turn it off!

Any help appreciated!

James.

• 6 months later...
On 7/1/2020 at 9:26 AM, Nestor Perez said:

Yep, server issue. No ETA for a fix this time, but we're working on it 🙂

Hi Nestor any updates on the ATIS fix? Thank you. 

Soarbywire - Flight Simulation and Avionic Engineering

12 hours ago, Nestor Perez said:

It got fixed like the day after that message 😛

Unfortunately I am still unable to hear ATIS - I have tried multiple ATIS frequencies but still do not get audio. Regular ATC works fine. 

Soarbywire - Flight Simulation and Avionic Engineering