You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AVC BIG problem

Hucky Clapton 869920

Hucky Clapton 869920
Posted
Posted

Hiya all,

Just tried to do a flight at vatsim but when starting AVC i get a major problem.

AVC starts and tries to connect and i says connected at the bottom, but I don't see any other players while there should should be about 20 players. When I try to do a radio check no one seems to hear me and also i don't hear anyone. So going back to AVC it's still connected but if you click disconnect it will not disconnect and remains connected so I shut it down to program. When trying to start AVC agian I get the next message:

Fatal error

Could not startup the voice library

port 3290 may already be in use

the program will now terminate.

So when starting internet that also will hang after AVC the entire pc does not work.

I use Win Xp Sp2 with normal adsl p4 2.8 1024mb mem.

Neal Glassett 843825
Posted
Posted

I take it you do have port 3290 open though in any firewalls you're behind? Also, what is your default server when connecting to a voice channel?

Neal Gl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ett

ZFW ARTCC

PWA6060

Neal Gl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ett

UNI725

www.uniair.org

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Coult it be so that you have the faulty position problem.

Do you see ATC in Squawkbox directory and not just UNICOM.

Do you double-click to select the ATC in Squawkbox directory.

And, have you communicate with TEXT with ATC, else try text first.

See Troubleshooting at http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=2262#2262

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Hucky Clapton 869920
Posted
Posted

Well first off all thanxs for the reply. I don't know anything about Firewalls I just use the standard one of XP. What i do is the next thing:

-Start SbRelays and minimize it-> then start Fs2004 and join a MP game with callsign SW835 and IP 127.0.0.1.

-Start SBHost and minimize that-> then start Squawkbox playername change it into SW835 use TCP/IP connection for Direct-play

-Then Start Search leave this field empty and press OK next I see the SBRelay game and select JOIN. And will get the screen GET INTo THE ACTION

-Then open SBHost again ATC Function change callsign and also file flightplan when done Squawk standby, then Connect

-Now I get a screen called Connect to PC/SB Server. Internet of server: 66.98.168.65 USA-S1 <-Seattle

CallSign : SW835

RW is selcted, advanced PCSB port is 6809

Server is rw.avsim.net

Both Reg. and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word are filled. Next i press OK

-Will now get AVC, First get a error because callsign is not simular as to Fs2004 so I change it to SW835 also get a error 11 of them (Send AddPlayer REQ).

-Pilot Info: also selected the USA S1 server and Reg. and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word are filled in.

-Audio setup: is oké

-Connection: server/room rw.avsim.net/UNICOM oké well I don't seem to see any problem now so I Connect.

-And i will say connected!! at the bottom, but the field with pilots remains empty and when selecting Disconnect to try again the program does not respond.

Well as I am a little new to this all I don't understand what you mean with ATC in squawkbox??

What i do see in FS2004 is TEXT from controller to pilot from the SBHost program, but i don't hear anyone.

I hope this Info is oké, I am not a wizkid in PC's.

Regards,

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> Firewalls I just use the standard one of XP

Then make sure you have XP SP2, or get ZoneAlarm firewall.

I've only heard connection problem with the XP SP1 firewall.

> Squawkbox playername change it into SW835

In Squawkbox you should have player name "Squawkbox" actually (I refere PRC doc), not "SW835".

After started Squawkbox, you should change callsignal in the Squawkbox menu to SW835.

> I don't understand what you mean with ATC in squawkbox??

After started Squawkbox you have menu "Directory"

There you will find "122.8 UNICOM". As well you should find listed ATC e.g. "134.90 APP_V_DEN" .

You must double-click to change to an available ATC frequency. Else you just read/listen to UNICOM.

(Note that Squawkbox menu is accessed by right-mouse).

> What i do see in FS2004 is TEXT from controller to pilot

Maybe you just see pilots speaking on UNICOM (?).

Look AVC window to see where you are connected. AVC window should list your self and all pilots and ATC.

> Connection: server/room rw.avsim.net/UNICOM

This is the UNICOM, no ATC. If there are ATC available in your area they are on an other freq/server-room.

I suggest you check again the PRC doc: VATSIM 103d - Squawkbox 2.3beta SBRelay Set-up with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. Just to make sure you doing the right way. However don't hesitate come back if you have problem.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png