Hello.

I‘m pretty new to vatsim, and have a question. Max favourite Airport is Weeze Niederrhein, ICAO Is EDLV. For sadness, there Is no atc for this Airport, probably cause it’s really small. What should i do When i‘m flying with IFR? Are there and frequencies i can contact?

THX in advance.

If there is an enroute/CTR controller online you should talk to them, as IFR aircraft must maintain 2 way communication with ATC.

If there is no other ATC  monitor unicom frequency 122.800 on both voice and text, and announce your intentions, like Taxiing, crossing or entering runways, departing, joining circuit legs, on final approach and landing.

Refer to the pilot resource centre for more info. https://www.vatsim.net/pilot-resource-centre

• Thanks 1

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

11 hours ago, Bjarne Brueninghaus said:

there Is no atc for this Airport, probably cause it’s really small. What should i do When i‘m flying with IFR? Are there and frequencies i can contact?

When you do not see any local aerodrome control for Niederrhein, check if EDDL_APP or EDGG_P_CTR/EDGG_CTR are active and contact them. I am not sure if the airport is located within the area of responsibility of EDDL_APP, but it certainly will be served by EDGG_P_CTR and by EDGG_CTR.

Edited by Andreas Fuchs
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Tobias Dammers said:

Also, check the remarks for those ATC stations if online - often, controllers will explicitly list airports for which they are willing to provide top-down coverage.

Im using squawkbox for Xplane 11 and don‘t really know where to find These infos