You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Mic Feedback

• microphone feedback

William Freeman

William Freeman
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I am getting a lot of mic feedback and not sure why in Xpilot.  I have tried different keys as well but same thing.  I am using a 8lue Microphone (looks like an 8 ball on a tripod.   I do have a Logitech USB camera...have tried unplugging that as well but same thing.   I've tried turning volumes down as well in the Xpilot settings.

Thoughts?

Respectfully,

Bill

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Is the sound the mic picks up played through speakers, headphones, both, or neither?

Surely anytime a microphone's input is routed to some output device which feeds back into the mic, well, that's feedback, LOL.

It would also help to know what you mean by "feedback" -- a squealing sound, or a slightly delayed echo-effect, or just static bursts, or what?

I guess what I'm saying is, we might need to know more about your sound setup and the actual symptom you're experiencing to guess whether it's a hardware or software issue and/or provide any useful advice.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

William Freeman
Posted
Posted

So when I press the MIC key, It sounds like I get feedback... best way to describe it... if you had 2 live mics and got to close to each other.  It only does it in Xpilot.  When I fly P3d on VPilot its fine.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Things to check:

Is your radio output going through speakers, or a headset? 

COM1 and COM2 both set to same frequency? 

Audio devices set in xPilot properly (ie you didn't somehow select the same device twice)? 

Using any third-party mixing software like VoiceMeeter?  If so, do you inadvertently have the output looping back on itself somehow? 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Craig Deitch
Posted
Posted

If you are using Windows, check to see that you are not monitoring the mike in your Windows sound settings.