You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TowerTrainer BUG: having other decimal-sign than point

Lars Eiberger 881012

Lars Eiberger 881012
Posted
Posted

First of all thanks for developing the tool.

But with starting the tool the first time and just trying to load the example file I go the first error and found the first bug. With trying to load the "Airportinformation" I got a runtime error 6 (Overflow). With the help of my Training Director the reason for this problem was found very fast. The problem is the country-setting. In Germany and also other countries the comma instead of the point is used as decimal sign. If changing the decimal sign in windows to point the programm works fine.

It would be nice if this problem could be fixed, so that the programm will run with every country setting for the decimal sign.

Lars Eiberger

VATSIM supervisor

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hi Lars,

This isn't really a bug, since TWRTrainer was never designed to work using anything but a period as the decimal separator. If I get a chance, I'll see if there's a simple way to make it work with a comma, but for now you'll just need to change the setting in Windows before running the program.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Lars Eiberger 881012
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

that is a workaround not really a solution. A I am not familiar with VisualBasic, but I was told that this is known problem with VB programms. Perhaps there is a way to globaly say that the programm uses point as decimal-sign and it should not use the decimal setting fom windows. I know some people having experiance with VB so I will ask them for that.

Lars Eiberger

VATSIM supervisor