You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Lost audio

Jesse Angulo

Jesse Angulo
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone, good evening!

I recently updated the IXEG 737, which also updated GIZMO plugin.  Anyways, since the update or at least I feel it's been since the update, I lost all audio on Xpilot.  I can connect to the program, I can see the aircraft, I can see and communicate via text but there is no sound.  I have tried switching aircraft to no avail.  When I click the PTT button, the button (green light) doesn't light up.  Any ideas?

Thanks for your guys help,

Jesse A

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Is the Mic switch selected on the audio panel, near where you tune the COM radios?  (in the plane, I mean?) 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Jesse Angulo
Posted
Posted

Hi Robert. thanks for your response.  Yes. the COMS are chosen correctly.  It's not just happening with the IXEG, it's happening with every plane.  

Jesse

• 5 months later...
Robert Shedd
Posted
Posted

Hi, sorry for posting on an old thread but I’m experiencing the same issue. I can hear voice just fine in all my other aircraft but I can only heat a click whenever someone starts or stops taking in the 737. I can hear the default atc so it’s not an issue with how I have the radios set up. If you found a solution could you please let me know.

Rob

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

The default ATC may or may not properly read the radio panel state, but, xPilot sure does.  Saying that the default ATC works is not proof your radios are set properly.  Attach a screenshot of your radio panel and let's see if you do indeed have the mic switch and receive selectors set correctly.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Robert Shedd
Posted
Posted

I just took this screen shot of my planes audio control panel. Both pilot and co are listening in VHF 1 and 2 and the pilot is talking on VHF1. I checked in chat to make sure the ATIS was working but all I can hear is clicks when when it starts and stops. Even when I try to transmit to myself I can only hear a click when I key the mic and another when I let off. I have tried reinstalling both with the beta Gizmo64 and release. Both had the same issue.  

Thanks for your help

Rob

Capture.jpg