You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot 1.3.22 feature requests w/r/t aircraft labels...

Robert Shearman Jr

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Hi, Justin --

Just got the "force update" to 1.3.22 from 1.2.1.  A few minutes to reset my settings, and all seems well.  I have two requests for features for you to consider for future updates.

(1) I see the option to choose from four colors for aircraft labels, which I like.  But I wonder if it would be possible to allow the user to specify an RGB Hex code there?  A GUI color-picker would be a great future enhancement, but, a hex code would be awesome in the meantime.  Not sure whether you're limited to the four you chose for some external reason, and if that's the case, that's understandtable.

(2) It would be great to set a toggle button to show the aircraft labels.  I like to have them off for the most part, for realism immersion.  Yet there are some occasional instances where it would be nice to be able to quickly see who someone is (or, sometimes, just to confirm whether that plane I'm seeing is a live pilot or a static scenery model!).  A toggle key or button would be fantastic, so I wouldn't have to navigate into the settings menu to do it, then again to undo it -- especially if it's someone I'm following in the pattern or some other situation where I don't have a hand free.

Overall, awesome work on the updates.  I'm glad the worst of the crash causes seem now to be largely figured out.  I'm sure it's a relief to you, so you can go back to constant tinkering with vATIS instead... 😉

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

(1) I see the option to choose from four colors for aircraft labels, which I like.  But I wonder if it would be possible to allow the user to specify an RGB Hex code there?  A GUI color-picker would be a great future enhancement, but, a hex code would be awesome in the meantime.  Not sure whether you're limited to the four you chose for some external reason, and if that's the case, that's understandtable.

This is actually already possible 🙂 If you click the color box next to "Label Color", it will open a color picker.

14 minutes ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

(2) It would be great to set a toggle button to show the aircraft labels.  I like to have them off for the most part, for realism immersion.  Yet there are some occasional instances where it would be nice to be able to quickly see who someone is (or, sometimes, just to confirm whether that plane I'm seeing is a live pilot or a static scenery model!).  A toggle key or button would be fantastic, so I wouldn't have to navigate into the settings menu to do it, then again to undo it -- especially if it's someone I'm following in the pattern or some other situation where I don't have a hand free.

Great idea - I'll add it to the list. Thanks!

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Yep, I just found that in the docs and was logging back on to delete that part of the post, LOL.

Thanks for the consideration on the second one!

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png