You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Newbie Question

Jaime Rodriguez

Jaime Rodriguez
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I was finally able to successfully connect to VATSIM today (via vPilot). The Vatsim Flight Tracker map showed my aircraft, and several others on the ground and in the air near me. However I could not see any of them in sim. I am I missing? Is there like an IP address I'm supposed to connect to (like in Multiplayer)? How do I see other aircraft? Do I have to join a Virtual Airliner?    

Regards,

Jaime

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted (edited)

vPilot, or xPilot?

If vPilot (FSX/P3D), you should see SOMETHING there, even if not the right aircraft type.  Look at "FLAi" as a more complete set of models you can install to allow vPilot a better variety of planes it can choose from, to increase the odds it will represent the other pilot as they intend. 

If xPilot (X-Plane), if you didn't install a set of CSLs (similarly, models xPilot can use to display others as), the other pilots indeed might appear invisible.  Read through the documentation for xPilot.  It explains the install and setup process for these.

In either case, please note there is a Support forum for your pilot client of choice, and you'll have a better chance of finding helpful prior posts on any further topics you have questions on. 

Edited by Robert Shearman Jr

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

And no, you don't need to join a Virtual Airline unless you'd like to. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Jaime Rodriguez
Posted
Posted

Ok, thanks for the response Robert.