You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Thank You - World Flight Group

Terrence Scanlan

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

On behalf of the World Flight Group I would like to thank the controllers who turned out to meet our team members at CYYC and CYWG. Your cooperation in fitting in with the ATC centre and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]isting us through your airspace at what must have been quite late or very early for you was very much appreciated.

We are presently on our way south to MUHA, Havana after p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing through US airspace with excellent service from the US ATC.

Check the WF Website at www.worldflight.com.au for updates, pics and live video feeds.

Ian Duke 814240
Posted
Posted

Terry,

I am glad that you enjoyed the Air Traffic Services.

I had logged on as Center on very short notice, but received nothing but grief today from the Edmonton FIR Chief (who miraculously wasn't present for your event, nor were any other Edmonton based controllers)

Regards,

Ian Duke.

Cheers,

Ian

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted
I had logged on as Center on very short notice, but received nothing but grief today from the Edmonton FIR Chief (who miraculously wasn't present for your event, nor were any other Edmonton based controllers)

Eric was flying that evening, making him unable to attend. Perfectly acceptable considering his career.

As for other controllers being present - what would you expect when I myself only learned of their flight into YYC by logging in to observe (And seeing 2 of the 3 positions being staffed by unauthorized persons?) They very well couldn't log in then, could they?

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

I apologise if the information about the Worldflight Group did not reach all members but all Region Directors plus bothJeff Turner from USA and Eric Fortin from Canada were notified well in advance of us p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing through Canada.

The agreement that we negotiated was that our ATC controllers would only provide ATC where no local controllers were present and that we would stand aside if local ATC came online.

Thanks for the ATC received though it was really first cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts].

Ian Duke 814240
Posted
Posted
The agreement that we negotiated was that our ATC controllers would only provide ATC where no local controllers were present and that we would stand aside if local ATC came online.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me in this case.

Cheers,

Ian

Andrew Wettlaufer 915224
Posted
Posted

Eric was flying that evening, making him unable to attend. Perfectly acceptable considering his career.

As for other controllers being present - what would you expect when I myself only learned of their flight into YYC by logging in to observe (And seeing 2 of the 3 positions being staffed by unauthorized persons?) They very well couldn't log in then, could they?

Matthew is correct, Mr. Fraenkel was at work that evening, as well members of our FIR were not provided with any information. I did the same as Matthew, I had to log in as a position to check the reasons of the said persons and what their intentions were as controllers.

Andrew Wettlaufer

CZEG FIR, Edmonton Canada

Student1