You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to acces the Voice Server

Louis Mueller

Louis Mueller
Posted
Posted

Hello Guys,

for certain reason i cannot acces the Voice Server in vPilot. I dont know exactly why because i've got an unrestricted internetconnection which works really well. I'm really looking forward to get your ideas :)

Thank you very much!

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

You'll need to post a bit more information on exactly what is going wrong if you expect any useful assistance.  A transcription or screenshot of what you're seeing in your vPilot window would be a good start. 

• Thanks 1

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Louis Mueller
Posted
Posted

Hey Robert,

first of all thank you for your reply on this topic:) Well if I open vPilot, the first thing i get in contact with is the message: "Error performing version check. Apparently due to the fact, that there was a mistake sending the requirement. Secondly I get another error saying that I'm unable to acces the Voice Server due to the same fact and I don't know exactly why:( I hope I could give you some detailed information to understand my problem. I hope you can help me!

Cheers,

L.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

If vPilot can't perform the version check, it sounds like you have a firewall or anti-virus software blocking outgoing or incoming internet communications.  That would also explain your inability to connect to voice.  See if you can open your virus or firewall settings to authorize vPilot for internet traffic. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Louis Mueller
Posted
Posted

Okay thanks for paying attention on my problem. Could you be so kind to tell me which steps I have to take sorting this problem with the firewall or the virus scanner out? I'm using Sophos as virus scanner. However I'm wondering about that problem because I hadnt this kind of problem weeks ago...

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Since I don't use it myself, I could only Google it just like you can. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png