You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TWR trainer runway exit points

Menno Alting 897707

Menno Alting 897707
Posted
Posted

Dear Ross,

One small question. Is it possible to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a exit point to an aircraft wich is just rolling out of the runway.

Example:

Runway 6 for landing, ive set the entry points for take off 24 at S4 (for medium aircrafts) and S7(large aircrafts) and i've set the exit point at S5.

but is a learned the plane takes the first point off the runway, in my case S4. Is there a way to override this, so that i can tell him to turn off at S5.

so the code would be something like this: ef 6 el s5

Now i have to specify the whole prosess, First "ef 6", when its on final, then i have to enter "el" so it vacateds to the left, and when it rolles over the runway i have to enter "taxi s5" so that it rolles to that point, but he wont vacated the runway.

best regards

Menno

Cobra ready to strike

1243.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you tell the aircraft to taxi via S5, it should exit there. You're saying it's not?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Menno Alting 897707
Posted
Posted

No it stops at the first point i [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to it, thats the middle of the runway and then off the runway to crossing at the nearest taxiway, in this case thats Alpha.

Or does the first point of the intersection lies on the beginning of the intersection and the last in the middle of the runway?[/code]

Cobra ready to strike

1243.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
No it stops at the first point i [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to it, thats the middle of the runway and then off the runway to crossing at the nearest taxiway, in this case thats Alpha.

Or does the first point of the intersection lies on the beginning of the intersection and the last in the middle of the runway?[/code]

I apologize Menno, but I'm not understanding you. Can you start over and describe in detail what commands you are issuing, exactly what you expect to happen, and exactly what IS happening?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC