You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TWRTrainer - A couple of questions

Tomas Hansson

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

Ross, thanks for a great program! I ran a Tower session last night with a student and we both had a great time!

A couple of questions:

1. I was not able to use a 0XXX (eg. 0123) squawk code which is what we use for local VFR flight. I kept getting an "Invalid squawk code." error. Is this a known issue or was I doing something wrong?

2. Is there an obvious way to have the aircraft taxi to gate/parking after arrival? I couldn't find anythink but I might be missing something...

Thanks again,

--

5099.png

Tomas Hansson

ZSE Training Administrator

Tomas Hansson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
1. I was not able to use a 0XXX (eg. 0123) squawk code which is what we use for local VFR flight. I kept getting an "Invalid squawk code." error. Is this a known issue or was I doing something wrong?

It's a known issue now. I'll see if it's an easy fix. For now, just don't use a zero as the first digit.

2. Is there an obvious way to have the aircraft taxi to gate/parking after arrival? I couldn't find anythink but I might be missing something...

What do you mean by an obvious way? You just use the taxi command.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

It's a known issue now. I'll see if it's an easy fix. For now, just don't use a zero as the first digit.

What do you mean by an obvious way? You just use the taxi command.

I solved the taxi issue with some prompting from Dan. I didn't realize I had to use the "@" before the gate. It is not 100% clear in the manual and it was only by looking at the example and the description for the "add" command that it dawned on me...

Thanks!

--

Tomas

Tomas Hansson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yeah, the TWRTrainer manual isn't one of my best works. I should rewrite it at some point.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC