You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

v 1.3.29 Does not connect to X-plane

Goran Anckers

Goran Anckers
Posted
Posted

After update from V 1.3.22 X-pilot did not connect to X-plane.

It seam strange that no questions was ask on path to the active x-plane.exe when new installation was running.

I could not find any way to "tell" which version of my X-plane who X-pilot should "serve"

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

The installation process no longer asks for the X-Plane path (as far too many people were messing this part up for some reason). It will now automatically detect the path(s) to your X-Plane installation.

Some things to start with... Make sure the port numbers in the xPilot plugin and client match. Also, verify the plugin is actually installed (X-Plane/Resources/plugins/xPilot/win_x64/xPilot.xpl). 

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Andrew Turner
Posted
Posted

Can we install on two X-Plane installations?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

The installer will automatically install the plugin in all X-Plane installations found on tour computer. 

Wolfgang Pfeiffer
Posted
Posted

Probably there is a bug. I have the same problems.The setup does not copy the xplane plugin.Uninstall and a new setup without success. Version 1.3.27 has worked without any problem.

Tomek Kubski
Posted
Posted

Wolfgang, could you share x-pilot ver 1.3.27 please
I just updated x-pilot. Its not works at all on my PC

Goran Anckers
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Justin Shannon said:

The installation process no longer asks for the X-Plane path (as far too many people were messing this part up for some reason). It will now automatically detect the path(s) to your X-Plane installation.

Some things to start with... Make sure the port numbers in the xPilot plugin and client match. Also, verify the plugin is actually installed (X-Plane/Resources/plugins/xPilot/win_x64/xPilot.xpl). 

Yeas I have already checked the TCP port number (45001) and that x-pilot.xpl is in the correct map.

"Waiting for X-plane connection...." - so it the x-pilot v 1.3.29 does not trigger correct version of X-plane 11.

Did found a way to "point to correct version of x-plane" by "Guided setup" button in the setting windows - but it will not work - still waiting for the x-plane connection.

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Have similar issue except that immediately after installing x-Pilot V1.3.29 my X-Plane 11 would not start.  However after three attempts all of a sudden my X-Plane 11 started and continues to start ok now.  So if your X-Plane will not start just give it a few tries before tearing your hair out😉

Tim Mathews
Posted
Posted

Same Here . Port set to 45001. Sees the online servers . Will NOT connect to xplane  V 1.3.29

Wolfgang Pfeiffer
Posted
Posted

Okay, I just solved the problem. There is definitly a bug in Version 1.3.29.  To solve the problem I did the following steps (you only should do that, if you have a backup of an older version of x-pilot):

1. Delete  the plugin in x-plane 11: "...\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\xPilot"

2. Delete the client in the folder, you have installed it: for me it was the hidden folder: "..."C:\Users\Wolfgang Pfeiffer\AppData\Local\xPilot"

3. Restore the older versions of the plugin and the client (I had version 1.3.1.1)

4. Start x-pilot and update: update only until Version 1.3.27. Do not update to  V. 1.3.29! VATSIM does not accept a connection to an older version than V. 1.3.27.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

For those having troubles, do you have antivirus software that might be blocking scripts in the new installer (specifically CopyPluginFiles.exe)? With 1.3.29, the installer was changed to automatically find and install the plugin in all X-Plane instances on the computer, but if this script is being blocked, then the plugin isn’t getting installed.

• Like 1

Goran Anckers
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wolfgang Pfeiffer said:

Okay, I just solved the problem. There is definitly a bug in Version 1.3.29.  To solve the problem I did the following steps (you only should do that, if you have a backup of an older version of x-pilot):

1. Delete  the plugin in x-plane 11: "...\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\xPilot"

2. Delete the client in the folder, you have installed it: for me it was the hidden folder: "..."C:\Users\Wolfgang Pfeiffer\AppData\Local\xPilot"

3. Restore the older versions of the plugin and the client (I had version 1.3.1.1)

4. Start x-pilot and update: update only until Version 1.3.27. Do not update to  V. 1.3.29! VATSIM does not accept a connection to an older version than V. 1.3.27.

Please explain how to make choice of version to update, the installer choose v 1.3.29 automatically and there is no  question ask to make choice of version in the installer.

PS - version 1.3.22 is accepted of VATSIM so i disagree that older version not works to use for VATSIM

Edited by Goran Anckers

Andrew Turner
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Justin Shannon said:

For those having troubles, do you have antivirus software that might be blocking scripts in the new installer (specifically CopyPluginFiles.exe)? With 1.3.29, the installer was changed to automatically find and install the plugin in all X-Plane instances on the computer, but if this script is being blocked, then the plugin isn’t getting installed.

Hi Justin - FWIW I'm able to "half-connect" to some servers but not others; note that I have a ticket open. FYI here is a shot of connecting to West US, then East US.

image.png

Goran Anckers
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Justin Shannon said:

There was a warning message from "AVAST ANTIVIRUS" - but antivirus pgm did ask if i want to approve/authorize the program to be running, and I did.

I have also checked that xPilot.xpl is installed in (X-Plane/Resources/plugins/xPilot/win_x64/xPilot.xpl), and it is.

I have tried all reasonably steps to identify the problem - who is simple - v 1.3.29 does not connect to X-plane 11 as it should

V 1.3.29.PNG

Edited by Goran Anckers
adding mor details

Goran Anckers
Posted
Posted

If anyone has  xPilot v 1.3.27 please share it for download

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Goran Anckers said:

There was a warning message from "AVAST ANTIVIRUS" - but antivirus pgm did ask if i want to approve/authorize the program to be running, and I did.

I have also checked that xPilot.xpl is installed in (X-Plane/Resources/plugins/xPilot/win_x64/xPilot.xpl), and it is.

I have tried all reasonably steps to identify the problem - who is simple - v 1.3.29 does not connect to X-plane 11 as it should

V 1.3.29.PNG

If you open the xPilot Preferences in X-Plane, what is the version number in the window title bar (it should say something like "xPilot N Preferences" where N is the version number)?

Goran Anckers
Posted
Posted

Here is something who is wrong in Xpilot plugin preferences

The version there is still 1.3.22

One step to a solution. Will run installer once more and close my Antivirus before.

• Mats Edvin Aaro changed the title to v 1.3.29 Does not connect to X-plane
Goran Anckers
Posted
Posted

1. Did close my Antivirus pgm and reinstall, it did not work

2. Thereafter i did trough my Xpilot folder in resorces/plugin folder and reinstall againe.

NOW IT WORK - the correct version (1.3.29) is shown in in the preferences plugin window and x-plane is conected to xPilot.

GREAT 🙂