You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

1.3.30 version problems

Lewis Howard

Lewis Howard
Posted
Posted

I have X-Plane 11.41. I just updated to the latest version 1.3.30 on 8/16/2020 as prompted when I opened xpilot. But when I try to connect to xpilot I get a message that I have an older version but it says I'm connected (see photo). So what's going on? Is there a way to connect to a previous version? It worked great before I upgraded. 

Xpilot problem.jpg

Lewis Howard
Posted
Posted

Me again. I forgot to mention that I reinstalled xpilot several times but no change. 

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Hi Lewis,

Have you tried downloading the installer directly from the xPilot website to see if that fixes the issue? There was an issue earlier today with Cloudflare presenting the the wrong installer file due to some caching issues.

http://xpilot-project.org/

Try that and let me know your results.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Lewis Howard
Posted
Posted

Hi J.

It didn't work. I used the link you provided. I tried several times before installing directly from the website with the same result. Here is a photo (sorry about the quality) that shows what appears in the x-plane window of my aircraft when connected to xpilot. This message appears simultaneously with the xpilot dialog box telling me I have an incorrect version. I had no trouble with the past several xpilot upgrades. Any chance of getting the previous version?

xpilot screem.jpg

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Can you confirm that X-Plane is completely closed when running the xPilot installer?

Can you locate a file called "x-plane_install_11.txt" in your local application data folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local). When you find the file, can you copy and paste its contents here?

Lewis Howard
Posted
Posted

Hi Jason. Yes I did; x-plane shut off and I still get the same results. This last time I started x-plane first at a vatsim airport, opened xpilot with the same results. The x-plane window with my aircraft had a message upper right side of the screen:TCP socket head port started 45001. Here is the x-plane_install text. It wouldn't let me attach a Word doc so I had to copy the doc in this window. This is the last attempt of connecting to xpilot. Sure appreciate your help with this. Lewis

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Aug 16 2020 14:14:50 | xOrganizer started, version 2.1.1.9

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Old XoLog.txt deleted

New XoLog.txt created

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10.0.18362

DotNET framework 4.6 or higher installed

Startup basics OK                                                                [00051 milliseconds]

Xml internal data version 2.1.1

Xml internal data loaded

Xml preferences table loaded

Xml user data loaded

Xml user data version 9

Preferences read:

DateLastClose        = 8/16/2020 2:14:27 PM

DateLastUpdateCheck  = 10/31/2019 5:31:52 PM

UpdateCheck          = 0

UpdateIntervalCheck  = 7

XpSteam              = 1

XpSteamStart         = steam://rungameid/269950

XpOther              = 0

XpOtherStart         =

SetFontsAndSize

CheckIsOnScreen:

Display 1      :\\.\DISPLAY1 dpi 96 | size 3440:1440 | working area 3440:1400

Display 2      :\\.\DISPLAY2 dpi 96 | size 1920:1080 | working area 1920:1040

On Screen      : 1

Scaling        : automatic

XO on display  : \\.\DISPLAY1 dpi 96 scale 1 | XO size 1800:1000 | XO position 1437:104 | Maximized False

Font           : setting 1

Font 1         : Segoe UI         12 | pointsize 9

Font 2         : Consolas         12 | pointsize 9

SetFontsAndSize ready

Startup load xml and preferences OK                                              [01808 milliseconds]

Check for updates switched off

Import of xOrganizerMapData OK

Startup read extra files OK                                                      [00373 milliseconds]

ToggleXpPrefsFunction: X-Plane preferences switched OFF

Startup tabs and menu's OK                                                       [00027 milliseconds]

Startup loading controls OK                                                      [00183 milliseconds]

Aug 16 2020 14:14:52 | Loading xOrganizer succes [02481 milliseconds]

Check X-Plane installation in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\

X-Plane release      = 11.41r1

X-Plane location     = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\

X-Plane version      = 11

Steam version        = True

Startup X-Plane location OK                                                      [00002 milliseconds]

Starting to load scenery

X-Plane running: no

Scanning scenerypacks in Custom Scenery folder

Total scanned  : 316

Total new      : 0

Searching existing shortcuts in Custom Scenery Folder

Total scanned  : 0

Total new      : 0

Removing scenery not found anymore from database

Removed        : 0

Not found      : 13

Searching disabled scenery in the scenery_packs.ini

Total disabled : 0

Finding regex airports and linked packages

Apply user rules

Apply user rules

Sorting scenerypacks

Grandtotal     : 316

Old XoBadLinksLog.txt deleted

Loading scenery ready [00438 milliseconds]

Starting to load plugins folder

Plugins/scripts read from Plugins folder:

64                                                .xpl           ON        Existing           

AutoGate                                          .xpl           ON        Existing           

FlyWithLua                                        .xpl           ON        Existing           

Gizmo64.plugin                                    .xpl           ON        Existing           

missionx                                          .xpl           ON        Existing           

PythonInterface                                   .xpl           ON        Existing           

PI_xfse                                           .py            ON        Existing           

SAM                                               .xpl           ON        Existing           

SilverLining                                      .xpl           ON        Existing           

SkunkCraftsUpdater                                .xpl           ON        Existing           

stkpconnector                                     .xpl           ON        Existing           

xPilot                                            .xpl           ON        Existing            

XPRealistic                                       .xpl           ON        Existing           

Plugins/scrips :  13

Plugins and scripts ready [00088 milliseconds]

X-Plane preferences module is deactivated

Aug 16 2020 14:18:14 | Close triggered by user (FormClosing)

Aug 16 2020 14:18:14 | Execute all write tasks

X-Plane running: no

Execute : Scenery task                             Profile: 0

Move    : m Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\scenery_packs.ini

To      : xOrganizer\XoBackups\XP Scenery_packs ini\Aug_16_2020_14_18_14 scenery_packs.ini

Create  : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\scenery_packs.ini

Execute : Plugins/scripts task                     Profile: 0

Skipped : XP preferences task                      Off

Tasks executed [00040 milliseconds]

Save xml database

Copy    : C:\Users\Lewis\Desktop\Xplane info\xOrganizer\XoData\XoData.xml                                                    

To      : C:\Users\Lewis\Desktop\Xplane info\xOrganizer\XoBackups\XO Database\XoData Aug_16_2020_14_18_14.xml                

Delete  : C:\Users\Lewis\Desktop\Xplane info\xOrganizer\XoData\XoData.xml                                                    

Create  : C:\Users\Lewis\Desktop\Xplane info\xOrganizer\XoData\XoData.xml                                                     

Xml database saved

Aug 16 2020 14:18:15 | xOrganizer normally closed

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

That doesn't appear to be the correct file. It should just be plain textfile that contains one or more folder paths.

Lewis Howard
Posted
Posted

Hi Jason. I think I found it. The E drive is a backup drive. X-plane is on my C drive. As I mentioned I never had a problem like this in upgrading xpilot before. Thanks, Lewis

E:\X-Plane 11/
C:\Users/Lewis/Desktop/
E:\
C:\Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/
E:\Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Thanks. I’ve made an update to the installer. Please download it from the xPilot website and let me know your results. 

Lewis Howard
Posted
Posted

Hi Justin. It is now working perfectly. Thanks for all your help. Regards, Lewis 

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Is the update from the x-pilot application now working or do I still ignore the update from the app and instead do it thru the x-plane site?

Lewis Howard
Posted
Posted

Hi Daniel. I had problems when prompted to upgrade to version 1.3.30 when I opened xpilot to use it.  Justin did some work on the updater. Here is the message he sent me:

Thanks. I’ve made an update to the installer. Please download it from the xPilot website and let me know your results. 

When I upgraded from the xpilot website it worked. I would suggest upgrading from the website and contact Justin if you have problems. 

Lewis

• 5 months later...
Nathan Baugh
Posted
Posted

Hello, I have had the same issue recently with 1.3.36 and 1.3.37. It seems to be every time it updates, the client thinks its an outdated version, I have installed it into my D:/ drive and the plugin into D:/Xplane, I have tried uninstalling and installing it again. 

Nathan Baugh
Posted
Posted

Also, I forgot to mention I tried all of the above, and still had issues.