vPilot "No supported Flight Simulators"

13 minutes ago, Oliver Boulton said:

Just fixed my steam version it was because the following keys:

SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FlightSimulator.exe\InstallLocation

SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FlightSimulator.exe\Path

were still set to the location where I had the beta installed (even though its not installed anymore)

Oliver, those registry keys are for the Windows Store version (or as you said, the beta version.) You should have the Steam keys as well. Do you?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Thanks Gilles, that's very helpful. It seems that when the sim updates itself, it does not update the value in the registry key. This means I cannot rely on the registry to determine if the user has the sim installed. I will have to look for another way.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

1 hour ago, Ross Carlson said:

I just put out 2.6.3 which only uses the presence of the registry key to determine if you have MSFS installed. It no longer validates that the value of the registry key points to a real folder on disk.

Ross,

I am new to Vatsim but unfortunately old in IT and I have never seen such a fast developer!
Thank you for your work.

G

8 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

David Gunn, do you have either of these keys?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 1250410

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 1250410

No I don’t seem to have either of them keys. The only place I seem to have a flight simulator key is the key in the photo I posted.

• 3 months later...