You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Voice probles, can't speak to ATC

Erica Benedikty 919617

Erica Benedikty 919617
Posted
Posted

Hi all!

Well I haven't done too much flying online this week, that work thing just keeps interfering!

But hey, I get my flight plans worked out and printed while I'm there, shuuu, don't tell them.

I have a question, I know I've read it somewhere already but I can't seem to find it. I'm having a problem with the voice part of flying. I can hear okay and everything works fine, I just can't talk to the ATC's. I believe the problem is my router as my mic works fine (I was using voice on msn). I'm using the D-LINK DI-604 with the updated software for it. I remember reading about having to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a port to the mic part, but I'm lost on that one.

Thanks

Huggs

Indel Core2 dual 6800Extreme,2gigs corsair 8500,nvidia 7950gt sli 1gig, dual raptorX150 in raid0,Thermaltake750w,Asus PN32-sli se Deluxe gaming,Window xp home,Soundblaster XFi Extrememusic.,CH USB Yoke and Rudder Pedals

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Troubleshooting at http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=2262#2262

Subjects "6. Firewall and router. " and "8. Voice problem. ".

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Erica Benedikty 919617
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

Thanks, that was what I was reading. I couldn't remember which one it was. There is far too much reading for all of this!!!

I think it's easier to become a doctor. lol

I'm still lost on that router thing. I'm guessing I have to set up a static IP and then do a virtual network or something, I'm just not sure. grrrrrrrrr

Indel Core2 dual 6800Extreme,2gigs corsair 8500,nvidia 7950gt sli 1gig, dual raptorX150 in raid0,Thermaltake750w,Asus PN32-sli se Deluxe gaming,Window xp home,Soundblaster XFi Extrememusic.,CH USB Yoke and Rudder Pedals

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Since you have same router as me and you already can connect and play on Vatsim, you should only need to check following for router:

1. Set "UPnP disable".

2. DI-604 setting "Virtual Server". "Both" means TCP and UDP.

Protocol Type, Public Port.

Both, 6809.

Both, 6703.

UDP, 1900.

UDP, 6073.

UDP, 23456.

UDP, 3290.

UDP, 3782.

But since all other works but not mic, I don't think it's a firewall problem. (Firewall should protect things from comming in to your computer, not stop things going out from your computer).

Check this:

Try first to select the AVC sound option "Wave" if you haven't already, it solve most problems.

Don't forget there is a 'Press to talk Key' used in AVC.

Check that you p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the built in mic-test in AVC and that you can hear your self when "Playback".

Test online:

Speak with ATC first by using TEXT, agree that you will do a mic-test and see the result.

Good luck.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Javier Larroulet
Posted
Posted

remeber to forward the ports used by AVC, otherwise you'll not be able to make it work....

the link supplied by Lennart above should be useful

cheers!

Javier Larroulet (C3) - Chile vACC

18.png

Erica Benedikty 919617
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your help all

It's working, now I just have to figure out what to say!!!