You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

0 models found on scan

Jalon Dodson

Jalon Dodson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi, I've tried the registry option but unfortunately that won't work to me due to me having the MSStore version of the sim. It seems like it registers my game—it says settings for simulator: MSFS 

However no models found.. I don't know where to look to point out to a different folder. I know where the install location for the models are. Any help?

EDIT: After reading this forum again (thought I did), turns out I didn't do anything wrong—someone else had the same issues.

Edited by Jalon Dodson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yes, it's finding your game (call it a sim!) just fine. For now, you can ignore the fact that it isn't finding any models. vPilot does not yet perform a scan of your installed models because it just uses the basic models that come with the sim. No third-party model sets exist yet. I will be updating vPilot in the future so that it actually performs a scan of your models.

So, you should be fine to fly. Just be aware of the FPS issue. MS and Asobo are looking into an issue where your FPS will drop when you run vPilot (or any other similar SimConnect application.) You should get a warning about this from vPilot when you run it and it connects to MSFS via SimConnect.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This is "fixed" in version 2.6.2, which is now available. It will show a hardcoded count of models for MSFS.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC