You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

X-Plane 11 will not start

Daniel Mckee

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted (edited)

After installing x-Pilot 1.3.29 my X-Plane 11 takes up to 5 times to start. I updated x-Pilot hoping that 1.3.30 would fix but still same situation.  Just to clarify, I do not start x-Pilot first, I press on desktop shortcut icon for X-Plane 11 and then get the message to send the error report to Laminar. I close down this message and have to go thru this same procedure up to 5 times and then X-Plane 11 starts. I then open x-Pilot and all works. Now I understand that whilst I am not starting x-Pilot nevertheless X-Plane 11 tries to activate(?) the x-Pilot plugin which is probably the cause. I am confused as to why X-Plane 11 eventually starts albeit after up to 5 attempts?? Maybe it's the X-Plane Plugin TCP Port?? The x-Pilot is set at 45001 but I don't know how to check the X-Plane 11 Port?? Any constructive assistance will be appreciate. Cheers  Dan

Edited by Daniel Mckee

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Does X-Plane produce a crash report in the output/crash_reports folder when this happens? It should either be a dmp or rpt file. If one exists, please upload it to a file sharing website like Google Drive. Additionally, please provide the entire X-Plane log.txt after this happens (also upload this to a file sharing website, please). 

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Thanks Justin. I have just again gone thru the process and again X-Plane will not start so as suggested I provide herewith a link to my Google Drive for crash report and Log.Txt files.

Crash Report

Log.Txt

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Just wondering if you got these links ok Justin? Not chasing a reply yet as I I understand you are doing a lot as well as having your own life to lead😉