New Prefile Page/Website

It looks like vPilot's flightplan form cannot parse the "Equipment"-string of the new ICAO flightplan format. I assume that this is true for all pilot clients at this time.

Could you try replacing all the equipment code letters and replace them with "L", then pre-file and then load into vPilot and see if it works?

Edited by Andreas Fuchs
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone I've spoken to a couple of people in the loop already but want to clarify for everyone else's benefit as transparency is critical at this point.  There was some disconnect in inf

I appreciate all the guides, etc. but frankly from an ATC training perspective in the USA, we shouldn’t have to go through this. There was clearly minimal forethought put into how ATC clients other th

Big thank you to Zach and IT team for this much needed update. Looking forward to using it.

Posted Images

I always fetch the flight plan into vPilot so that if I ever have to leave the cockpit for long enough that it warrants a disconnect (or the occasionally spotty internet decides to have it's own break!), I can refile the plan at the press of a button if it's been dropped when I do get back online. 

Trevor Hannant

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using the new prefile since it launched, I'm enjoying it! I use the ICAO format for the 121 airline I work for in the US, so it's nice to have somthing familiar. 

I'm flying out of China today and they use meters, VATPRC asks that pilots file in meters so my release is in meters initially with a step climb to imperial when I leave PRC. The prefile import didn't read the meters or speed in my flight plan though, could this be fixed? I pasted my ATS strip in from PFPX. Here is the first part of it, I assume this is the part that gets read by the importer for speed and cruising altitude...

(FPL-GTI8584-IN
-B744/H-SDE1E3FGHIJ3J5J6M1M2RWXYZ/LB1D1
-ZHHH1845
-K0928S1010 BIV09D BIVIP R343 PK

Ryan Parry - 965346

vZOA Air Traffic Manager

spacer.png

www.pilotcentral.org | www.oakartcc.org

• 4 weeks later...

My suggestions for the new prefile page

OPR entry longer than 3 letters

filing in meters for flight level and speed

STS option since military ops are allowed from certain groups

Ability to file a mach speed

2 hours ago, Robert Lee said:

My suggestions for the new prefile page

OPR entry longer than 3 letters

filing in meters for flight level and speed

STS option since military ops are allowed from certain groups

Ability to file a mach speed

OPR should be ICAO code only. i believe.

22 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

OPR should be ICAO code only. i believe.

No there are examples of filed plans from airlines using the full name like OPR/QANTAS, OPR/ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES

Edited by Robert Lee