Incorrect CID/Password even after 24 hours from password reset

Paul Clavier

Signed up for VATSIM years ago although I never ended up playing on it since I wasn't super comfortable at the time. With the release of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator I finally wanted to actually start playing on VATSIM, so I downloaded vPilot and got set up.

Connecting to UK-1 I got the error "Invalid CID/Password". I thoroughly checked and confirmed that I had input the right details, but then read online that this was a common issue and a password reset would fix it (and that I would have to wait up to 24 hours). Went and reset the password and today tried to log back in after waiting 24 hours only to be met with exactly the same error. I've tried every server except UK-2 (which tells me that too many clients are connected) to no avail.

Any ideas what's going on?

image.png.09822f929aafc75b17240c717e9c8e70.png

image.png.54a7355b791a91e347f116c910961fb8.png

Glad you got this fixed! 

I'm actually struggling with the same problem and circumstances - I had an account that was inactive that I created years ago. I've reactivated on Friday of last week but am currently getting the same error, not really sure what to do about it. I've double and triple checked my username and pword but still no luck.

Hi Nestor, thanks for that! 

No idea how that happened, I do only have the one account as far as I know (it's the same ID that I activated on Friday) - possibly it became unactive again? 

Anyway, I've re-activated it and I'll give it a couple of days and try logging in again.

Cheers!

• 10 months later...
  • Board of Governors

Hi Gary,

Your account has been active since you completed the New Member Orientation.  You should have been able to log on within an hour of that.  And again within an hour after your password reset.  From our end, your account is active and ready for you to connect.  

Have you followed the guidance here?  

Hope that helps.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Membership