You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Radio Check as OBS ?

Paul Robson

Paul Robson
Posted
Posted

I have been listening and watching and Euroscope with AFV using Virtualbox, and it seems to work fine. However, this is receive only, I can't green-light the TX button, the PTT doesn't seem to work, the microphone seems fine when using the level bar on the Settings dialog box.

Is this deliberate ?

I ask because it would be handy to do a Radio Check to see if all is working. I note this is technically against the rules but looking at forum posts ATC do not seem to mind as long as one doesn't get in the way when they're busy.

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

Yes, this is deliberate - you need to have a controller rating higher than OBS in order to transmit in an ATC client.

Tomas Hansson

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Paul Robson said:

I note this is technically against the rules but looking at forum posts ATC do not seem to mind as long as one doesn't get in the way when they're busy.

I am not sure what you are quoting here, but if it's against the rules, then it is against the rules. Observers are not allowed to transmit or have any "visible activity" on the network itself, hence the name 'observer'. If someone has quoted that it's okay, please link it so we can clarify it. 

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new