You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

KATL ATIS

Kirk Bauer

Kirk Bauer
Posted
Posted

vPilot on MSFS2020. I  do fine with ATIS normally but for some reason I can never hear anything for KATL on 125.550.

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

I can't imagine the ability to receive a voice ATIS through vPilot is an issue unique to MSFS, since you're running the same vPilot as someone with P3D. If you're saying you can routinely receive controllers' ATIS on P3D but not on MSFS, I'd be surprised.

Perhaps there was a temporary issue with vATIS and it wasn't broadcasting the few times you've been to KATL? That's happened several times over the last few months. I understand it might be an issue with the way vATIS (the controller ATIS software) interacts with Audio for VATSIM.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

Kirk Bauer
Posted
Posted

No, sorry, I haven't ever used P3D, I've only used vPilot plus MSFS. But whetever ATIS is listed in the vPilot frequencies list and I tune into it, I hear the automated ATIS voice through Vatsim. However when I tune in to KATL ATIS on 125.550, even though it shows that it is "manned", I don't ever hear a voice.

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

How many times has this happened?

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

Kirk Bauer
Posted
Posted

It definitely happened over a few evenings, but as of tonight it works just fine. I guess disregard!