You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Charts of VFR reporting points?

Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes
Posted
Posted

When flying on Vatsim you regularly get directed to fly over a certain reporting point. These points are not readily available, or at least not obvious to me where to find. I cant find them in my navigraph charts, little nav map etc. Actually, many of the smaller airports (size 1, untowered airports) aren't even in the navigraph database. Seems to me that I have to manually search everytime I go to a new country because there is no one sentralized catalogue of these things. Or is there? Do you guys know of a good piece of software that has the vfr charts available? Hopefully that doesnt cost a fortune..?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately VFR charts are somewhat hard to get by. Some countries publish them freely as part of their electronic AIPs. Many do not. Germany is one example for this and so far the best solution for you would be to proceed to the website of VATSIM Germany, then first login to it with VATSIM SSO. Only then will you have access to real world VFR approach plates for many airports in Germany from VATSIM Germany's Airport and Chart Database. The reason for this restriction is that VATGER has an agreement to publish those copyrighted charts to verified members of VATSIM only.

Andreas Stangenes
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas, and thanks for your reply! 

I just tried skydemon, and it looks very promising. It had the reporting points for the cities in Norway that I know have them. Do you have any experience with Skydemon for VFR flying on vatsim?