You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Issue with v2.6.6 and MSFS

David Sanderson

David Sanderson
Posted
Posted

I am unable to make any connection from vPilot with new V2.6.6. Using FS2020, worked perfectly well with V2.6.5. Reinstalled v 2.6.5 and confirmed, you have an isue with V2.6.6 and FS2020

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Please post the exact text, or a screenshot, of the error message you see when trying to connect.  "I can't connect" is ambiguous and there are too many possible avenues for troubleshooting. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Shameel Ahmed
Posted
Posted (edited)

i have a similar issue - seems simconnect related. 2.65 works - 2.6.6 gives this error

Capture.PNG

Edited by Shameel Ahmed

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Shameel Ahmed said:

i have a similar issue - seems simconnect related. 2.65 works - 2.6.6 gives this error

Capture.PNG

Shameel, please click the details button and provide the details that it shows there.

Also, please check your vPilot folder and see if a file called SimConnect.dll is there. Please do this with a fresh install of 2.6.6. In other words, uninstall 2.6.5 first, make sure the vPilot folder is gone, then install 2.6.6 and run it. It should download SimConnect.dll from the vPilot web site. If that file is missing, you'll get the error that you posted.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Shameel Ahmed
Posted
Posted

thanks, new install fixed it. 

btw im getting the exact same error on another software,  can i use the same simconnect.dll from here or are they program specific?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Depends on what version of SimConnect that other app needs. Can't hurt to try it.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC