You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Swift Crashing X-Plane 11.50

Steve Underhill

Steve Underhill
Posted
Posted (edited)
  •  
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • VATSIM ID: 1175132

Hi,

Having just upgraded to X-Plane 11.50 final, when conecting Swift to the network it crashes the simulator.  This seems to be a problem with Swiftbus generating aircraft objects and occurs whether Metal is selected or not.  Log file attached.  Any help appreciated.

Log.pdf

Edited by Steve Underhill
Typo

• Steve Underhill changed the title to Swift Crashing X-Plane 11.50
Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Steve,

we have had this happen to people who were using an older version of LittleNavMap's plugin LittleXPConnect. One of our team members found out about this after hours of testing. You need to install the latest version of it, as of today it is LittleXPConnect 1.0.19: https://github.com/albar965/littlexpconnect/releases

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Steve Underhill
Posted
Posted

Thanks Andreas,  I now have it working but am not sure how to convert the X-CSL/BB Aircraft files using Python, as at the moment I only have aircraft callsigns and no aircraft.  I have Python 3 installed and am using a Mac but don't know the command to enter using Terminal.  Can you please advise?

Steve Underhill
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi again Andreas,

I have followed the instructions on the link but am still unable to run the script.  On double clicking I get no Y/N option only the two windows attached.  It appears a command line is required, an example is given on the download page on the x-plane.org website:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/51730-csl2xsb/

but I have not been able to find a command that works.  Any suggestions?

Thanks Steve

Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 08.19.55.png

Edited by Steve Underhill
  • Like 1

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Steve, oh, sorry for this. I do not use Mac or Linux, so I had to guess a little bit and obviously got it wrong. The instructions at X-Plane.org should work, though.

If I used Mac/Linux, my command line would probably look like this: python3 CSL2XSB.py YourDrive:\X-Plane 11\Custom Data\CSL\X-CSL

Thanks for finding my mistake, I have amended our help page already.

Edited by Andreas Fuchs
typos...

Steve Underhill
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

I am really at a loss, I have tried all sorts of combinations and cannot run the script.  Attached my latest effort.  This is incredibly frustrating. Please also note your syntax is different to that on the x-plane link you have reversed the back/forward slash.  I think we need a Python Mac expert?

1963419934_Screenshot2020-09-13at12_01_49.thumb.png.f5b74330ff6721920dc6a99179794eea.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Steve,

I have used Python 3.7.4 for this and I understood from X-Plane.org people with newer version had issues like you.

Could you try downgrading to Python 3.7 ? Just for testing purposes? If it does not work, we still have an ace to get you going. Would you mind trying this?

Steve Underhill
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

Okay I think I finally have it.  You have to navigate to the directory in which your CSL Files are located in Terminal making sure you have copied the script file to the same folder.  You then type the command "python3 CSL2XSB.py" and select Y in the window that opens.  The script will then convert all files in this and any sub directories and advise you when it is complete.

Cheers

Steve

Steve Underhill
Posted
Posted

Yes and the Python script must be run from within the folder that the CSL objects are in thru Terminal.  I have some aircraft showing but have just upgraded to 0.9.5.131 and am geting a validation stopped warning models not accessible or too many issues!

Steve Underhill
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

Sorry I missed you yesterday.  i would welcome your help to sort my Swift issues out, Maybe we could arrange a mutally convenient time to meet on Discord.

Thanks.

Steve