You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot 2.6.7 Released

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

This version fixes invalid frequencies from MSFS such as xxx.924 and xxx.004. It adds 1 Khz to any frequency that is reported by simconnect that ends with 4.

This version also fixes some cases of disappearing aircraft, after the user resets their flight in MSFS.

Edited by Ross Carlson
  • Like 1

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Shameel Ahmed
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ross, 

i have been noticing significant FPS drop in MSFS as soon as i connect to vatsim as the sim starts to render traffic. 

i understand that the patch has fixed the stuttering issue which is fine, but i noticed that yesterday at the EKCH event, my FPS dropped fro 58 to 38 as soon as i connected to vpilot. There was a lot of traffic on the ground. 

i have also noticed that the FPS drop is less when there is less traffic, but there is always a drop (its something like 1-2 FPS per aircraft rendered)

i know this seems like an MSFS issue but i just wanted to confirm if what im getting is a common known issue. 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've seen one other person report that, but that's it. It makes sense that having to render those extra models and textures would have an impact on FPS. I wouldn't be surprised if nearly everyone was seeing the same thing, and not reporting it because it is to be expected.

What are your system specs?

Edited by Ross Carlson

Geoffrey Drayson
Posted
Posted

Apart from lowering the number of planes, and the max distance  (to reduce planes),  is there any way to lower their  LOD  to an acceptable compromise, between seeing them is glorious detail, and just being able to see that "somerthing"  is there  ...    Seeing  something be far better than Nothing,  on a lower  end setup. (especially  when on the ground , trying to taxi

Is there a control in the MSFS2020   sim to do this,  or is this something that Vpilot  could potentially  control ?

===========

Also,  in Vatsim, using Vpilot, if another plane happens to contact my plane (by accident of course), does that register as a CRASH event on MSFS2020,   and if so, how does that impact spawning at a gate  if another plane is already there ?

sig

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted

Most people turn crash detection off.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

There's no way to control LOD that I know of. Best you could do is install some low-poly count models and use a custom VMR file to control the model matching yourself.

I believe I read somewhere that MSFS already has multiple LOD variants for each model and it switches between them automatically.

Christopher Thoma
Posted
Posted
On 9/13/2020 at 3:47 AM, Shameel Ahmed said:

Thanks Ross, 

i have been noticing significant FPS drop in MSFS as soon as i connect to vatsim as the sim starts to render traffic. 

i understand that the patch has fixed the stuttering issue which is fine, but i noticed that yesterday at the EKCH event, my FPS dropped fro 58 to 38 as soon as i connected to vpilot. There was a lot of traffic on the ground. 

i have also noticed that the FPS drop is less when there is less traffic, but there is always a drop (its something like 1-2 FPS per aircraft rendered)

i know this seems like an MSFS issue but i just wanted to confirm if what im getting is a common known issue. 

I get huge drops in FPS when connecting to VATSIM as well.  I have an i7-9700k, 32gb hyper x fury ram, rtx2080 super and game is on 1tb M2 drive. All updates and patches installed

• Ross Carlson unpinned and unfeatured this topic