You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
IMPORTANT: We will no longer promote events by VATSIM Divisions or vACC's posted in this forum. This section will transition to allow for publishing of unofficial events and groupflights. Contact your vACC director for event publishing access to myVATSIM. ×

Event Posting Requirements - Bannersize

Michael Wellner

Michael Wellner
Posted
Posted

The banner must be in a 16:9 format

This might make no sense as long as the banner is cut to size 525px x 220px in the overview-listing. Especially when there should be so much information included in the banner.

Banners must include:

1. Event Name
  2. Zulu Date
  3. Start Time (in Zulu)

It is recommended to include all relevant in your banner, for example:

• Focus airports
  • Event start and end times
  • Routes

Those information will be cut off at the top and the bottom of the banner, when it ist cut from 16:9 to the overview-picture with ratio 16:6,7 (525x220).
We allways try to fit our banners into the ratio 16:6,7 of the overview-pictures, to get a clean look at the event-listing. So now our new banner (EDDL<>EDDN-Event) was not approved, cause it has not the ratio of the new requirements 16:9.
So when you make those new restrictions for the banners, you need to change the aspect-ratio of the overview pictures as well please.

Thanks,

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Michael Wellner said:

This might make no sense as long as the banner is cut to size 525px x 220px in the overview-listing. Especially when there should be so much information included in the banner.

Yeah well, we also post all the events on Discord (with over 60 servers getting the posts), Twitter, Facebook and myVATSIM, so I'm pretty sure we'd rather have it right in 4 places and wrong in 1 instead of right in 1 and wrong in 4. Not saying I don't get your point: I most certainly do. It's just that our current website is a piece of [Mod - Happy Thoughts] and it's not as easy as it seems to get things changed. Rest assured, in the new website 16:9 banners should look just as good as they do at the time of design 🙂

• Like 2

Me.

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Hi!

You are totally correct in the banner not fitting the current vatsim.net page. We are putting that page to rest in the near future, and we’re rebuilding it from the ground up. We made those guidelines with the future in mind, in addition to our several other media platforms as Nestor says. 🙂 

We are aware that it creates some implications and extra work in the first couple of weeks, but VATSIM needed a standard banner size in order to better facilitate and standarize as much as we can!  

• Like 2

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new