You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't transmit or receive but connected to network

Grant Williams

Grant Williams
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Yesterday I loaded into Boston Logan for a flight to Bermuda. I connected to the network through xPilot as I always have (see screenshots for settings). I tuned 121.9 for clearance. When I keyed up my mic, the Rx button illuminated. I noticed the Rx button was grey. I checked that my mic was working through xPilot, and it was. I used the .wallop command because after a few transmissions I thought I was being ignored. It would not allow me to wallop. I then sent a PM to ground who said he could not hear me. I noticed other aircraft moving on the deck and realized I wasn't hearing anything either.

It was very odd and I am truly unsure of what to do. I tried restarting xPilot and my computer, alas it did not solve the issue.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thank you!

vpilot.PNG

xpilot1`.PNG

xpilot2.PNG

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Can you show us the radio stack in the airplane, are you sure you had enabled COM1 receive in the Audio Control Panel? Some planes simulate this, and you need to manually push in and/or twist the knob clockwise to recieve radio signals. This is indicated by the currently greyed out "RX" button turning white. 

As for the wallop problem, what exactly did you type? It looks like you didn't write anything after. A wallop should include the phrase ".wallop", but also a brief description of the problem. If you don't write anything after the actual phrase, you will get an error like that. 🙂

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new