You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Nameplates for other VATSIM planes in MSFS?

Richard Lee

Richard Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi.  I don't think I see nameplates for VATSIM planes in MSFS.  Is there a way to enable nameplates for other VATSIM planes?  This way, I can distinguish between AI planes and VATSIM players (I swear I had AI turned off in MSFS but another plane moved onto the taxiway and I wasn't sure if it was an AI plane or VATSIM player).

Since the vPilot forums have been frozen at www1.metacraft.com, if this is the official vPIlot forum now, can I make a request to the developer of vPilot to add nameplates for VATSIM planes in MSFS in a future vPilot update? Thanks.

Edited by Richard Lee

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

This is a Microsoft Issue and nameplates for VATSIM aircraft do not appear above other VATSIM aircraft. There currently is no way to change this. Microsoft is aware of the issue.

• Like 2

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Richard Lee
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Matthew Bartels said:

This is a Microsoft Issue and nameplates for VATSIM aircraft do not appear above other VATSIM aircraft. There currently is no way to change this. Microsoft is aware of the issue.

That's too bad there is no way to change this.  Nameplates is already working in MSFS for multiplayer mode.  I was hoping that nameplate functionality could just be tweaked to work with vPilot.