You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Update on sudden distorted volume spike

Robert Shearman Jr

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Hi, Justin --

You're well aware that much ado has been made about the occasional AFV issue where a transmission will start distorted, and will spiral upward in volume and distortion until reaching a near-literal ear-piercing level.  In the linked thread below, the consensus is that a possible workaround of ensuring the AFV output slider was set to 0 or below seems to be effective.  Since I never increased the output within AFV, I remained immune to this bug.

Since the update to xPilot which changed the output scale from -72 to whatever the max was, and made it 0% to 100% and linked to the simulated radio volume knobs, I've begin having this issue.  I lowered the sliders to 30% and it still happened once after that.  I've since lowered them to 20%.  Since I don't know what the equivalent value to the old "0" is, I'm using a bit of trial-and-error. 

In the discussion in the linked thread, Nestor Pérez suggested I let you know I was experiencing this, to make you aware that whatever fix attempt may have been deployed in the latest xPilot hasn't completely rectified the issue.  So here I am.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png