You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't Shut Battery Off Sometimes, Only When VPilot Is Connected? FSX

Nick Timm

Nick Timm
Posted
Posted

I can't be the only one who experiences this?! It never happens if I am not connected to Vpilot, but almost every time I am still on the server and try to shut down my plane, it acts like it is off but all of the visuals look like the battery is still on. I can sometimes get around it if I disconnect from the server before I shutdown.

Just wondered if anyone else experiences this and/or if anyone has found the source of the problem.

Thanks!

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

I don't really think that is an issue of vPilot. It may be FSUIPC that causes your issue. Are you running the latest version of vPilot and FSUIPC? We also don't know what aircraft you are experiencing this in, but anyway - I hardly believe this is caused by vPilot.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

FSUIPC has a checkbox for artificially extending battery life indefinitely.  It makes me wonder whether it's possible that a specific aircraft model is miscoded such that the battery on/off switch uses non-standard coding to kill power to the battery, which that FSUIPC option then (inadvertently) overrides. 

That may mean that the issue would be solved by disabling that option within FSUIPC, but, it also may be worth approaching the model developer to see why their battery on/off code doesn't map to the battery switch in the usual way. 

This is all speculation based on very little specific information, but, might give you some avenues to troubleshoot. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Nick Timm
Posted
Posted (edited)

Huh I’ll look in to those things. I’ve searched through FSUIPC, and never found any similar options. I also have the freeware FSUIPC and not the paid version, so my options with the FSUIPC interface are limited. But also, sorry for the lack of info. It doesn’t happen in any one aircraft, it happens in all aircraft, add-ons and default . But only when connected to Vpilot, never when disconnected from it. So I guess you’re right it could be FSUIPC or Vpilot, that’s about the only two options at this point. I’ll try and investigate further, thanks!

Edited by Nick Timm