You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Newbie Needs Help with vPilot Recognition of Filed Flight Plan

Peter Rodgers

Peter Rodgers
Posted
Posted

I registered with VATSIM last week, passed the test and loaded a flight plan into VATSIM after creating the plan in Simbrief.  It all worked as expected (albeit, my ATC communication skills were quite challenged).  But after that first go, I repeatedly have been unable to get vPilot to recognize the flight plans I have created in a similar fashion.  I am able to log into vPilot, but when I try to connect, it keeps telling me that there is no flight plan found to be on file, even though on the VATSIM flight planning page, it says that my plan indeed has been filed (the little green message that come back after one clicks the file button).  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

And one other question.  I find VATSpy to be rather dodgy.  It loads only about a third of the time, even after I deleted the app and reloaded it.  Am I alone?

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Please do the following in order for us to be able to help you.

Post the URL of the prefiled flight plan you have filed using the prefile system.

Check Vatspy to see if your prefiled flight plan is showing.

Triple check your callsign you are using when connecting with vpilot, flight plans are identified by the callsign not your CID/PID.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Peter Rodgers
Posted
Posted

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted (edited)

Flight plan prefiles fine.

DAH10.thumb.jpg.c2e31d54a7546841bee30d686baee588.jpg

Your connection data suggest you have never logged into the network using the call sign DAH10

stats.jpg.62950610cdd696ecf21a3cac186257f2.jpg

Edited by Kirk Christie

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member