You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Not able anymore to toggle Mode C from my skalarki hardware

Michael Schneider

Michael Schneider
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross, 

I was always able to toggle Mode C in vpilot directly from my skalarki transponder panel inside my home cockpit. Suddenly it is not possible anymore. My hardware is working fine as I am seeing the changes of the transponder status in a special MCDU menue. However the status is not transferred anymore to the vpilot client. 

I havent change in my setup only an update to P3D 4.5HF3 and an update of my A320 cockpit suite. Can you give me a hint where to look at, or maybe you have an idea why it is not possible anymore ? 

I also update today to the newest vpilot version but the problem remains. 

thanks a lot and best regards 

Mic

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid I have no idea where you should look. Nothing has changed in terms of how vPilot reads the transponder mode. I would reach out to the developers of the avionics suite to see if they changed anything with respect to the transponder mode and how it writes to FSUIPC offsets.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Michael Schneider
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Ross,

thanks a lot! FSUIPC was the hint I needed. During my last update of the cockpit suite I missed to install the FSUIPC support as I normally do not need it for my hardware. But for communicating with vPilot and maybe other programms it is necessary. 

Now everything works as intended again. 

Thanks and best regards 

Mic

Edited by Michael Schneider

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Thanks for replying with the fix.

To be clear, vPilot does not require FSUIPC. However, for the transponder mode (and ident) to work, FSUIPC is required by the aircraft that you're using, so that it can set the appropriate offset values. vPilot then reads them through SimConnect because FSUIPC also makes those values available via a SimConnect CDA (Client Data Area.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC