You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

struggling to connect vpilot

itai efrati

itai efrati
Posted
Posted

hello pilots!

since i use the new platform MSFS2020, i've been struggling to connect with vpliot. 

when I'm trying to connect the server, it just says "No supported flight simulators were detcted!", then the window just pops out.

Hope you guys can help me to solve this problem.

Regards

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

When vPilot starts up, it checks your Windows Registry for keys that contain the full path to where your simulator is installed. It looks for keys in known locations for FSX, FSX:SE, P3D, and MSFS. If it doesn't find any such keys, it shows that error message.

If you are familiar with the Registry Editor, you could search it for a key that points to your MSFS install folder, and post the registry path here, and I will update vPilot with the new path.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

itai efrati
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

When vPilot starts up, it checks your Windows Registry for keys that contain the full path to where your simulator is installed. It looks for keys in known locations for FSX, FSX:SE, P3D, and MSFS. If it doesn't find any such keys, it shows that error message.

If you are familiar with the Registry Editor, you could search it for a key that points to your MSFS install folder, and post the registry path here, and I will update vPilot with the new path.

Hello ross, thanks for the quick answer. If i got you clear, you say that the reason vPilot isn't detects MSFS2020 is some wrong key location. Unfortuinately, I'm not familiar with Registry Editor. Can you please give me some guide who to fix this? when I used to use p3d it worked well. appreciating!!!

regards, 

Itai Efrati

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I can't teach someone how to use the registry over forums. Your best bet would be to enlist the help of a computer-savvy friend.

These are the keys vPilot looks for in order to detect that you have MSFS installed:

1. SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FlightSimulator.exe
  2. SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 1250410
  3. SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\Apps\1250410

It looks for these keys in both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC