You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SUGGESTION: Add Command include field for new callsign

Mark Richards

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross

I really love TWRTrainer, you've excelled again.

I'd like to make a suggestion that when using the .add command that we have the ability to also designate the aircraft callsign to be used. I appreciate this is the reason for the Jet Airlines, Turboprop Airlines and registration entries in the .apt files but I like to make things as realistic as I can so being able to define the callsign would, to me anyway, be a delightful addition. Particularly as while the registration of N might work well in the US, in NZ it would be ZK and Australia VH and the file only allows for single letters, this leading to un-realistic callsigns that one trainee has already made mention to me of.

It would also see us being able to add correct airlines for jets and turboprops.

I would see it like the TYPE option, where if it was not entered, it would generate it as it currently does from the apt file.

Thanks again for a great little addition to the training environment.

Mark

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Xavier Van Nieuwenhuyse 81
Posted
Posted

I second this, in that case we can have the right callsign where we want.

Or even why not a command that adds the aricraft & flghtplan all in one?

This way the instructor can prepare a batch of add-aircraft-command-lines in a docomeent, and when needed, pick & copy the wanted add-aircraft-command-lines, paste in VRC/ASRC press enter and it's done

Sorry, again some work for you Ross

Xavier Van Nieuwenhuyse

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Or better still have them in the VRC alias file which also works well.

.addQFA94 Would add Qantas 94 etc.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand